Notifications
Clear all

StepperOnline NEMA 23 Integrated Easy Servo Motor iSV57T-130

16 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
(@jamesgi001)
Topic starter  

Hi @cancigar35 - sorry for slow response - was just searching some additional info re this drive and I came upon my own post. I have seen indeed there appears to be two modes of operation, stepping and velocity mode. I have been working on tuning the motor in recent days using the interface. Like you, I obviously am not interested in accurate positioning as I am using in a coffee grinder. I tested the velocity mode to 4000 rpm - its impressive and need to research more what the deal is with torque in velocity mode. I am currently using the 130 Watt motor though I have ordered the 180watt motor to test as the smaller motor has marginal power for my application. 

At this time, I am going to order a leadshine motor as well as well https://www.leadshine.com/product-detail/iSV2-RS6020V24H.html (200watt - 0.63NM torque) as the stepperonline documentation is so awful and the support services are useless. The stepperonline tuning software is also next to gobbledygook with poorly translated docs and options. The Leadshine product has a different tuning software - Motion Studio - hope this is better!??

I have not tried RS232 driving though it is an interesting idea... I had not considered this so will also look at this for my product prototype as well. Will post any results here.

Please can you let me know if you have been able to make any progress? 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2