The DroneBot Workshop Forums are meant to be a place where you can ask and respond to questions regarding your DIY electronics, robotics, and other projects.
The most important rule here is to have fun and feel free to express yourself. However, as with all online communities, a set of guidelines needs to be adhered to. The goal is to make the forums a safe space and useful resource for everyone.
Remember, we are a group of people with diverse backgrounds, and we all are at different levels of expertise when it comes to electronics and programming. Please consider that not everyone knows as much as you do, so don’t put people down just because they get confused by terminology that may be very new to them.
Here are some guidelines to follow when posting on the DroneBot Workshop forum. Please read them and feel free to ask any questions you might have:
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to inappropriate or nonrelevant websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant forums and sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area may be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators. I do, however, understand that choosing the appropriate forum might be a bit confusing for some topics, so please just make your best judgment when posting.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators. No discrimination on the basis of religion, gender, nationality, or sexual orientation will be permitted.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted. Let’s keep this forum family-friendly!
- Religious Content. This forum welcomes people of all religions, as well as those who have no religious beliefs. However, this is NOT a forum for discussing religion. Posts of this nature will be deleted.
- Political Content. This is not a forum to discuss or debate politics or political opinions. Posts of this nature will be deleted.
- Conspiracy Theories. Please do not post conspiracy theories or pseudoscience nonsense on the forum!
- Illegal content. No reposting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
- Dangerous Content. No plans or requests for projects or devices that could inflict harm upon a human or animals will be permitted.
I think that most of the above are common sense, so it shouldn’t be too hard to adhere to the rules and still have fun!
If you have any questions with regard to the rules, or if you want to report a violation of them you can contact me in two ways:
- By email at forum [at] dronebotworkshop [dot] com
- Send a personal message to @dronebot-workshop
Violations of the above rules won’t be tolerated, and repeat offenders could be banned from the forum. Which none of us want, so think twice before you post!
Thanks for your understanding!