3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
dzimmer57
(@dzimmer57)
Topic starter  

I understand their are different manufacturers and all, but I was watching

Introduction to ESP32 - Getting Started

and find my board does not have a pin out for GPIO0. I tried another pin, but the switch part is not working. If a tutorial says to use a certain pin out, and your device/board doesn't have it, what do you use to determine an alternative? I am still learning, smiles.

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@dzimmer57 what board do you have. GPIO0 is often connected to the BOOT button. NOT all esp32 boards have the same number of pins, the nerds recommend the ESP32 DEVKIT V1 DOIT board. This is a 36 pin board.

You can often use a different pin as long as it is in the same category and not a special purpose.

Most of us here look to the nerds from time to time, check out the esp32 pinout section.

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp32-pinout-reference-gpios/

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
dzimmer57
(@dzimmer57)
Topic starter  

I figured it out and used a different pin. Thank you

ReplyQuote