Clear all

ESP-32 CAM Object Detection - Mobile APP

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@stump)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a project with Arduino UNO and ESP-32 CAM, it's like a pair of glasses for the blind. It consists of the fact that the ESP-32 CAM detects objects through a Python code and recognizes them. Also, I have HC-SR04 sensors that indicate the distance of the object.

The problem is that I want to have an APP, where it tells the user (blind person) with a voice notification what object it is and how far away it is. So how can I combine Python code with Arduino C++? How can I create a simple and fast APP?

I thought to use a Buildozer with Kivy, write in the python code a form of TTS where it says the detected object. But I don't know what to do with the C++ code.

I know it's complicated, but I think there are brilliant people here who can help me!

Thank you.

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@stump I have seen similar solutions but using a web interface, not an App. An IoS app is nearly impossible to get approved so web based solutions are better in that they don't need to work within Apples very strict rules. I was watching a couple of Youtube videos today about esp32-cam object detection, I think one was pure C/C++ the other used some Python.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@stump)
Topic starter  

@zander Thanks for answering me! I would like you to send me the links of the projects where C++ was used for object detection. I have already thought about making it web-based but since it is a school project, the teacher wants us to use an APP. As you said, I won't do it for ios because of its complexity, I'll go for Android.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

Posted by: @stump

@zander Thanks for answering me! I would like you to send me the links of the projects where C++ was used for object detection. I have already thought about making it web-based but since it is a school project, the teacher wants us to use an APP. As you said, I won't do it for ios because of its complexity, I'll go for Android.

Sorry I don't do other peoples homework.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

rommudoh and DaveE reacted
ReplyQuote