Notifications
Clear all

Esp32 cam code uploading problem

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rimu-roy)
Topic starter  
  • Can anyone give me some solutions about esp32cam? Code is not uploading to esp32 cam. I have used ftdi for uploading the code.
  • Tests: I have connected gpio 0 and gnd before uploading the code. 
  • I have connected the ftdi vcc pin to 3.3v and 5v both pins but its not working.
  • Board connected to AI thinker esp32 cam.
  • I have pressed the reset button after clicking the upload button on the arduino ide.
  • But everytime>>  A fatal error occured. Failed to connect to esp32. Timed out waiting for packet header is showing on the display

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

Posted by: @rimu-roy

• Can anyone give me some solutions about esp32cam? Code is not uploading to esp32 cam. I have used ftdi for uploading the code.
  • Tests: I have connected gpio 0 and gnd before uploading the code. 
  • I have connected the ftdi vcc pin to 3.3v and 5v both pins but its not working.
  • Board connected to AI thinker esp32 cam.
  • I have pressed the reset button after clicking the upload button on the arduino ide.
  • But everytime>>  A fatal error occured. Failed to connect to esp32. Timed out waiting for packet header is showing on the display

The best solution is to get an MB board here is amazon.CA link https://amz.run/6uAE

If you don't have the MB, then it's just normal FTDI connections, then wait for the Global msg and connect GPIO 0 to G (use a small momentary switch for convenience)

You don't need to touch the 3.3V or 5V pins, the FTDI takes care of that.

What reset and upload buttons are you talking about, AFAIK there is no upload or boot button on a non-MB board. 

I assume you are following Bill's article at https://dronebotworkshop.com/esp32-cam-intro/

You will destroy the camera if you accidentally apply 5V to any pin other than the 5V pin.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote