Notifications
Clear all

TB6612FNG pi pico not

7 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@videogame95)
Topic starter  

Hi I have a board its got the same pin outs except pwm instead it's got Nc twice on it,

Pins are : on the left side on the bottom Nc ,AIN2,  AIN1 ,STBY, BIN1 BIN2 NC GND.

Right side on back is : Vm,  NC, Gnd ,Ao1 Ao2,Bo2,Bo1 Gnd .

What's the NC for? does it work the same as pwm?  I'm thinking it stands for normally closed?

How can I use this board

I know that NC is normally closed but how do I use it with this board? Or does it mean something else Thanks for any help 

From James 

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

Posted by: @videogame95

Hi have a board it got the same pin out except pwm instead it's got Nc twice ,

Pins are : on the left side on the bottom Nc ,AIN2 AIN1 ,STBY, BIN1 BIN2 NC GND.

Right side on back are : Vm,  NC, Gnd ,Ao1 Ao2,Bo2,Bo1 Gnd .

What's NC for or is it  pwm  I got I think it the TB6612FNG  but no pwm

How can it be use.

Thanks for any help pease 

From James 

I think you are posting in the wrong place, this is the 2021 video Topic. 

The best bet is to post the datasheet for the board.

I can't answer a question like 'How can it be use', that is too general.

Also, since English does not appear to be your first language, use google translate and pose your questions in your native language then copy the Engish to the forum.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@davee)

Hi @videogame95,

I agree with Ron (@zander) that this should have been posted in a more appropriate section ... please try to be more considerate in the future. We are all guests of Bill's (@dronebot-workshop's) hospitality.

------------

NC is also often used for Not Connected ... i.e. a pad or pin that isn't connected to anything.

I have never used this device, but just looking at the schematic for the Sparkfun board, my first impression is that the NC labels MIGHT be mistakes.

Sparkfun schematic is at

https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/b/0/f/7/4/SparkFun_Motor_Driver-TB6612FNG_v11c.pdf

If I was in your position, I would check the actual connectivity on the board. The SparkFun photos clearly show which IC pins they connect to. Your board may be more difficult, especially if it has a black coating, in which case careful checking with a meter would be required.

At a first guess, it will actually be the same as the SparkFun board, but of course, anything is possible.

Good luck, Dave

ReplyQuote
(@videogame95)
Topic starter  

@zander I'm using it with the Pi Pico. It says on AliExpress that it's a dev 8833 but it's not it's closer to the TB6612fng.  no need to answer this one. Any chance you could help with this. I Have an pi pico expansion board plus s1  with an SD card  and it will play MP3 files  with the program, I've installed, but it's not playing it on boot  up even if I save it in thonny using circuit python main.py.  I'll put the code up,  see below.  Sorry for my bad grammar but I'm dyslexic. 

"""If I've put this up in the wrong post let know please 

CircuitPython single MP3 playback example for Raspberry Pi Pico.
Plays a single MP3 once.
"""
from board import *
import audiomp3
import audiopwmio

audio = audiopwmio.PWMAudioOut(left_channel=GP18, right_channel=GP19) # GP18 or GP19
decoder = audiomp3.MP3Decoder(open("lyxz.mp3", "rb"))

audio.play(decoder)
while audio.playing:
pass

print("Done playing!")

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@videogame95 Let me try one more time.

First, you are still posting in the wrong forum.

Second, my wife has dyslexia. 

For whatever reason, you are not posting anything we can 'work' with. State what it is you were trying to do, with pictures if wiring is involved, and of course the code.

Now tell us what happened, and finally what you want to happen.

As it is now, I for one have NO idea what you are trying to do.

BTW, more than 99.9% of us do NOT know python.

Start a new topic in maybe the help wanted forum.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@davee)

Hi @videogame95,

Once again, with respect to where you are posting, I agree with Ron (@zander)

Sorry, You may not have realised it, but this thread now has two different queries, one about motor drivers, the other MP3 player, in the forum (shown top left of page, just below the title "TB6612FNG pi pico not"

which Bill has annotated in the forums index with "DroneBot Workshop Videos and Articles from 2021 - PLEASE DO NOT CREATE NEW TOPICS HERE!"

This is very confusing!!! Please start a new thread in an appropriate forum.

-----------

RE: It says on AliExpress that it's a dev 8833 but it's not it's closer to the TB6612fng.

Looking at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006242968021.html, (and various similar AliExpress adverts), the supplier is offering two different boards, 1 with a DRV8833, the other a TB6612. Comparing the photos in the advert with your description suggests you have the DRV8833 version.

The two chips are designed to run with different types of motors, and are in no way interchangeable.

Inst-Tech and Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
(@videogame95)
Topic starter  

@davee thanks you

DaveE reacted
ReplyQuote