ESP32-S3-DevKitC-1 v1.6

52 Posts
4 Users
13 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

I juist noticed the ESP32-S3 is now supported as of ESP boards manager release 2.0.2

Screen Shot 2022 05 04 at 15.28.10

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
huckOhio
(@huckohio)
Topic starter  

@zander WOW.  It wasn't two days ago!  Do the example sketches for the ESP32-S3 show up?

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@huckohio IDK, I had to back it off to 1.0.6 to fix my esp32-cam, they broke the camera code somewhere between 1.0.6 and 2.0.2. Once I am finished with this issue I will have a look. I think 2.0.3 is the latest version now.

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@huckohio Ok, I re-installed 2.0.3. It looks like there are a few esp32-s3 boards there now, I don't know what samples are unique to the s3 but it looks like at least as many as before for the AI-Thinker ESP32-CAM

ReplyQuote
huckOhio
(@huckohio)
Topic starter  

@zander Ron,  can you please do me a favor and check your IDE and see if you can find the esp32 (V2.0.3) library we were discussing from above?

I stated working on my project again and was going to test the ESP-NOW code.  When I tried to upload the MAC address sketch for my ESP32-S3 I received the following error:

A fatal error occurred: This chip is ESP32 not ESP32-S3. Wrong --chip argument?

I tried a couple ESP32-S3 boards and received the same error.  I opened Library Manager to see if there was an update the the ESP32 library and I cannot find it.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@huckohio It's the BOARD manager, latest version is 2.0.3 when I checked a couple hours ago. 

Tools/Board/Boards Manager  enter ESP32 in the search box then use the drop down box to select 2.0.3

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
huckOhio
(@huckohio)
Topic starter  

@zander LOL...well, that was a real brain-fart!  The IDE keeps telling me the ESP32-S3 boards are ESP32s.  I was looking in the library versus the boards manager.  Thanks!  Still can't find out what the IDE recognized the boards yesterday but not today.

Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4