Notifications
Clear all

Displaying additional information on the webpage from DBW's "Build an ESP32CAM Robot Car"

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@leonardo1123)
Tinkerer
Topic starter  

Hey there!

I'm making a lot of great progress with my robot car. After getting some simpler examples working, I have now moved on to this Dronebot article!

I've managed to get it working and streaming. Since I haven't finished configuring my robot controls, I haven't fine-tuned the control aspect, but I'm comfortable with both adding more components of which there are examples already in the code, and configuring the control aspect of the code. 

One thing for which I didn't notice an example was a display of values being calculated or read by the car. Say for example I take the framerate (which is being written to the serial monitor), how would I instead (or in addition) send it to the webpage to be viewed by the user?

I have experience with web development, but not on this low of a level. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, as has been appreciated all the help I've gotten already. 🙂

Fortune Favors the Bold

Ron reacted
(@leonardo1123)
Tinkerer
Topic starter  

The part that's tripping me up is I can't find an example in the current code of a value on the server being updated by the esp32. Start/stop for stream is a server-side handled event, it doesn't check if the stream actually started or not. 

So I know how to put the text "FPS: xxxx" into the HTML portion of the app, I'm confused as to how to procedurally update it from the esp32. 

Fortune Favors the Bold

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@leonardo1123 I don't know or understand the linge very well, but if you look in the examples section of the IDE you will find client and server examples which should help I imagine

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

Leonardo1123 reacted
ReplyQuote