‘audio.connecttohost’ no longer working after boards update to 2.0.12

18 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@byron I am Mac too, even though it is not relevant. If you are using the official espressif boards repository then there is no 2.0.12 here is the official entry you will find in your preferences

https://espressif.github.io/arduino-esp32/package_esp32_index.json

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
byron
(@byron)
No Title

@zander

Yes, thats exactly as I said in my posts. 🙄   The Arduino ESP32 is 20.0.12, the Espressif ESP32 is 20.0.11

As you seem to be doing this sort of thing quite often then I gently suggest that its best not to rush to make your posts.  Take a breath to read and assimilate the content. Read it twice to ensure you comprehend.  Don't immediately assume that anyone posting on a topic where you have already replied is somehow in competition with you and a challenge to your wisdom.  You had already posted you link to the expressif github so it was clearly not necessary to repost it.  Like writing good code strive the keep you posts DRY

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@byron That is very weird, I double checked my version of the IDE against the Arduino download page and they are both ver 2.2.1. I then used the boards manager to see if there were any 'updates' for esp32 entries and there were none, so I am at 2.0.11 for both Arduino and Espressif.

Bill did say (see pic) that either will work but use the new Arduino ESP32 for these experiments. As I have shown, I have both at ver 2.0.11, but somehow you have the new Arduino ESP32 at ver 2.0.12.

I am going to re-download the latest version of the IDE (2.2.1) to see if that changes anything. BRB.

Ok, I did the download and both the esp32 entries are 2.0.11 BUT now both are updateable to 2.0.12.

That is strange that the updates did not show up when I asked the boards manager if there were any updates, but at least now we are all on the same version. I also got updates for 5 other Arduino boards, including the new UNO R4, the NANO family, GIGA, and some special boards.

That means there is either something not working right in the update mechanism, and/or Arduino is changing the current release. Both are troublesome.

I did a compile with ALL warnings and it was clean. If I can find an esp32 board I will try the OP's test but that might take a while since I have priority 1 life tasks today, and my shop is still a mess.

I for one am very happy to get this little mystery resolved, but I will try to raise an issue with Arduino since something obviously did not work right.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

EDIT I just saw that the OP did a complete re-install and that fixed his issue.

Screenshot 2023 09 13 at 04.34.54
Screenshot 2023 09 13 at 04.47.10

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

byron reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2