Notifications
Clear all

Esp32-Cam Get still

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@barnareds)
Topic starter  

In the CameraWebServer example code for the Esp32-Cam, which part of the code is in charge for downloading images from the stream onto your computer? I am building an Esp32Cam car and I want it to be able to download an image onto my computer of whatever the camera is showing.

Thank you.

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

Posted by: @barnareds

In the CameraWebServer example code for the Esp32-Cam, which part of the code is in charge for downloading images from the stream onto your computer? I am building an Esp32Cam car and I want it to be able to download an image onto my computer of whatever the camera is showing.

Thank you.

Do you have the sketch running? If you do, IIRC, there is a button top right maybe that 'takes' the picture or saves the stream. Not sure where it goes, but check your downloads/ documents, desktop, SD card. It's one of those.

I am trying to run the sketch now but I have something wrong. Will keep trying.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
My personal scorecard is now 1 PC hardware fix (circa 1982), 1 open source fix (at age 82), and 2 zero day bugs in a major OS.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

Posted by: @barnareds

Thank you.

Here are some screen grabs showing the process. I think they are self explanatory, but if not let me know.

Screenshot 2023 08 19 at 15.36.15
Screenshot 2023 08 19 at 15.36.36
Screenshot 2023 08 19 at 15.36.50

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
My personal scorecard is now 1 PC hardware fix (circa 1982), 1 open source fix (at age 82), and 2 zero day bugs in a major OS.

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@zander 

I didn't know that you could do face detection and face recognition!

I have this little board collecting dust is it the one being written about?

I have always wanted to have a go at IOT but just haven't go around to it yet.

esp32

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@robotbuilder Face detection and recognition was broke and semi discontinued due to overloading the board. I have not tried it in a while as I am not interested in it, but since I have the board right here, I will give it a try. Back in a few.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@robotbuilder It runs, but only at 320x240. I see a bounding box around my face, but I can't tell if it has enrolled me or detected me. The last time I checked, the next version of the software does not have facial recognition as the board is too underpowered for any real work. Maybe the newer chipset will get a camera option, which may work better.

ReplyQuote