Notifications
Clear all

‘audio.connecttohost’ no longer working after boards update to 2.0.12

18 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@bob55)
Topic starter  

I have tried this on two ESP32 dev boards on a windows 10 and windows 11 PC running Arduino IDE 2.2.1 and after uploading a sketch using that function the ESP 32 reboots repeatedly. I was able to downgrade the AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/Esp32/hardware/Esp32 back to 2.0.11 and everything works as it did before… is this a known issue or do I need to do a reinstall?

BTW … the serial monitor reports Guru Mediation error: Core 1 panic’ed (LoadProhibited). Exception handled.

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

Posted by: @bob55

I have tried this on two ESP32 dev boards on a windows 10 and windows 11 PC running Arduino IDE 2.2.1 and after uploading a sketch using that function the ESP 32 reboots repeatedly. I was able to downgrade the AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/Esp32/hardware/Esp32 back to 2.0.11 and everything works as it did before… is this a known issue or do I need to do a reinstall?

BTW … the serial monitor reports Guru Mediation error: Core 1 panic’ed (LoadProhibited). Exception handled.

With over 50 years of computer experience, the only valid reason for doing a reinstall is a hard drive failure or malware. The invalid reasons are much higher, and so far, you don't appear to qualify for that. 2.011 is the CURRENT release, what do you think you were using prior to rolling back to 2.0.11?

Since this is a Board issue and NOT library, it's extremely unlikely you have encountered a genuine issue that the Espressif team did not catch. I am not saying it's impossible, but very unlikely.

If you tell me the file you are trying to compile (I assume it's a library sample), I will try it on my machine to see if the problem follows the board release or the hardware.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@bob55)
Topic starter  

I have the same issue with both sketches attached

This is the update prompt I get before the Boards update

Update Prompt

This is the directory structure before the update

Before Update

This is the directory structure after the update

After Update

Here is the results of uploading the sketch after the update

ESP32 Reboot

if I put the old file structure in place the sketch works again (and I am prompted to perform the update again).

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@bob55 It compiles fine for me. Show me your 'Additional Boards' entry in prefs. It looks like you are picking up a Beta 2.1.12

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@bob55)
Topic starter  

This is my additional boards entry

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_index.json

I have tried it with three different ESP32 boards.... it is only the sketches using audio.connecttohost that is causing the issue

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@bob55 Here is mine, I think this is the 'official' version.

https://espressif.github.io/arduino-esp32/package_esp32_index.json

Remember, I compiled the code you posted and it is fine. 

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@bob55 I am really concerned you are showing me the library structure. There is never a need to go there, and most users never know it is there. I hope you are using the IDE to Install and Remove.

ReplyQuote
(@bob55)
Topic starter  

Thanks… I will give that on a try… the code compiles in both board versions… but if you look at the serial monitor during execution  - that’s where I see the reboots.

It’s not a big deal… this is just a hobby for me…. 

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@bob55 Just in case, here is a picture of how to do a 'remove' of a given version of board, of course you will need to follow that up with an install (pic included)

BTW, there is NO 2.0.12 !!!

Screenshot 2023 09 12 at 12.52.05
Screenshot 2023 09 12 at 12.50.47

ReplyQuote
byron
(@byron)
No Title

@bob55

I think you may have installed the Arduino ESP32 Boards which is at 2.0.12 whereas the Expressive ESP32 board latest is 2.0.11.   As you called yours a development board then I guess its a plain old Expressive board which will not be suitable for the Arduino ESP32 board firmware.  

If indeed you do an Arduino ESP 32 board and the latest board update gives you grief, then the best place to raise the concern is the Arduno forums. 

ReplyQuote
(@bob55)
Topic starter  

Thanks.... I think you are correct....I've been lucky not to have any issue to this point.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@byron Here is the current versions for both esp32 entries.

These are from the 'official' boards repository I documented earlier. Both are still at 2.0.11. Maybe you are using the beta boards site?

Screenshot 2023 09 12 at 15.01.05

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@bob55 Here is the link to the espressif documentation where I got the 'stable' boards link from.

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/arduino-esp32/en/latest/installing.html

ReplyQuote
byron
(@byron)
No Title

Posted by: @zander

Here is the current versions for both esp32 entries.

These are from the 'official' boards repository I documented earlier. Both are still at 2.0.11. Maybe you are using the beta boards site?

Nope, here is the official board repository on my mac.

Screenshot 2023 09 12 at 21.31.28

ReplyQuote
(@bob55)
Topic starter  

Thanks so much all! I have uninstalled all the boards and reinstalled the proper ones… all appears to be running as they should… Great forum here!!!

Ron and DaveE reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2