Clear all

Raspberry Pi 4 and Arducam B0371C

37 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@rolbrand)

@zander 

Thank you very much. 

I'm a chemist, so IT-english is hard for me :-))

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@billfm Ok, I do not have bookworm installed yet as I hear there are many issues. I tried to install libcamera but got 'not found', maybe I will try again in case I misspelled. Try 'raspistill -d' for now.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
My personal scorecard is now 1 PC hardware fix (circa 1982), 1 open source fix (at age 82), and 2 zero day bugs in a major OS.

ReplyQuote
(@billfm)
Topic starter  

Ron,  I used Terminal and typed "rapistill -d." It returned "bash: rapistill: command not found." Bill

ReplyQuote
(@rolbrand)

@billfm 

- Yes, I use the same OS as you do.

- my Raspi 4 is integrated in my wifi-network

- Sorry for my wording, I connected the camera to the Raspi via the ribbon cable; nothing to install

- then I used the commands ..... Voila

Regards, 

Roland 

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@billfm TYPO, it's 'raspistill -d' use cmd-c to copy my text.

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
My personal scorecard is now 1 PC hardware fix (circa 1982), 1 open source fix (at age 82), and 2 zero day bugs in a major OS.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@billfm I don't know what the following means

I forgot to mention that I went to the Arducam site and copied the code in the program in the Raspberry Pi. The code accepted it on the Pi 

What code, show me. Program in the Pi??? What does that mean???

The code accepted it? Sorry, code is the word we programmers use for the special syntax/subset of English, and it's both singular and plural. Code can't accept anything other than data from some source like a sensor or wifi etc.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@rolbrand @billfm Both of you need to take note of the following.

Screenshot 2024 01 27 at 14.58.20

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@billfm First run the commands Roland told you about, that will tell you if there is an issue with the physical camera. It may be cable or an unsupported camera. Does the Arducam specifically say it is supported on a Pi 4 running bookworm or maybe bullseye.

Here are the commands again

ls /dev/video*

v4l2-ctl -V

You should see something like the following

IMG 8167

ReplyQuote
(@rolbrand)

@zander 

Thank you Ron, youz saved me from errors.

I changed to rpi-cam- It works !!!!

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@billfm Did you resolve your problem? If you somehow missed it, see this post https://forum.dronebotworkshop.com/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-4-and-arducam-b0371c/paged/2/#post-45477

ReplyQuote
(@billfm)
Topic starter  

@zander I was out of the weekend and just  read your comment. I didnot have Bullseye and is installing it just now. I will let you know in the morning.

Thank you for the help.

BillFM

Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
(@billfm)
Topic starter  

@zander Ron, yes. I replied earlier but it didn't work. First, the instructions from the Arducam site didn't work. I tried another from YouTube but they didn't work either. Second, I switched from the original OS from the Raspberry Pi site to Bullseye (64 byte Full). Finally, I went to the Master, the Dronebotworkshop, and the written information from the video in YouTube on the Arducam libcamera worked. The instructions were perfect and very easy to follow. I rebooted it and it worked the first time! 

I found out that you can paste information in the Terminal (right click and there is a list). It helps a lot with long statements. 

libcamera-still works fine now. It was not the ribbon cable-it was the software.

Thank you for helping.

BillFM

Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
(@billfm)
Topic starter  

I thought I replied but if not, this is what happened. The Arducam company statements did not work - at least by me. I went to the written Dronebotworkshop not the video. It was on YouTube - Raspberry Pi Autofocus Camera & libcamera. The statements were clear and it worked perfectly. The statements were close to those from the Arducam company statements but they produced errors. 

ReplyQuote
(@billfm)
Topic starter  

@zander Ron, I don't know what this means but I used the command line and this is what happened.

IMG 0380

It is similar to yours but still no camera. raspistill didn't work either. I sent an email to arducam for support. If they can't fix it in one week, I will return it in Amazon.

Thank you very much for the help. You are a good guy.

Bill

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@billfm I don't understand, you had it working and now it isn't?

Screenshot 2024 02 06 at 14.12.03

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3