Notifications
Clear all

Raspberry Pi 4 and Arducam B0371C

37 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@billfm)
Topic starter  

@zander Ron, The camera worked partly. I used RaspberryPi OS Full (32-bit), A port of Debian Bookworm with desktop environment and recommended applications. Released 2023-12-05. Online - 2.5 GB download.

Then I used the entire commands from the dronebotworkshop, https://dronebotworkshop.com/pi-autofocus/.

The commands were,

wget -O install_pivariety_pkgs.sh https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arducam-Pivariety-V4L2-Driver/releases/download/install_script/install_pivariety_pkgs.sh

chmod +x install_pivariety_pkgs.sh

sudo apt update

./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p libcamera_dev

./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p libcamera_apps

./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p imx519_kernel_driver

git clone https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arducam-Pivariety-V4L2-Driver.git

When finished the camera worked. However, the autofocus command and the simple manual command did not work. I could not get a decent focus. The camera responded with errors (I would go back to the Forum but I will lose this note). Changing other OS' just produced ERROR:.

Bill

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@billfm Ok. Here is a link to the Arducam troubleshooting instructions https://bityl.co/O1En  

When you start the autofocus with the following command in a terminal window. The -t 0 is a numeric zero. libcamera-still is all one word but -t is an option and needs a space before the - same for

--autofocus and --keypress.

libcamera-still -t 0 --autofocus --keypress

Did you do as Bill (dronebot-workshop) said and point the camera at different objects? were they adequately lit, were they at different distances from the lens? Were all of them 'out of focus'?

Try again and take a screen grab to show me a few (5 or 6) with different lighting and distances from the lens.

Do you have an apple or Android phone? I want you to get a lightmeter app. If you can do that yourself, then just do it and take a light reading of whatever your camera is shooting, otherwise tell me if your phone is Apple or not.

Android Play Store -

Lux Light Meter Pro

Apple Photo Friend

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@billfm)
Topic starter  

@zander I have an iPhone. I was intended that the command was libcamera-still -t o --autofocus but I might have made a mistake. I did tried the autofocus and the manual focus several times but nothing changed. Here is an earlier post:

I copied the statements from The dronebotworkshop, Raspberry Pi Autofocus Camera & libcamera but I kept getting errors. For example, libcamera-still -t 0 --autofocus --f, I receive these errors:

2049 ERROR V4L2 ... Unable to set controls: ...

2049 ERROR V4L2 ... Failed to open V4L2 device ...

2049 ERROR CameraSensor ... Lens initialization failed ... 

What do you think is wrong?

Bill

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@billfm Almost impossible to determine from a distance. You might try communicating that to Arducam but I doubt they will help.

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@billfm Excuse me, first you say it's working but picture quality is not great (what do you expect anyway for a cheap camera)

When finished the camera worked. However, the autofocus command and the simple manual command did not work. I could not get a decent focus.

Now you say

2049 ERROR V4L2 ... Unable to set controls: ...

2049 ERROR V4L2 ... Failed to open V4L2 device ...

2049 ERROR CameraSensor ... Lens initialization failed ... 

I don't think I can help you.

ReplyQuote
(@billfm)
Topic starter  

Ron, If Arducam helps I will let you know.

Bill

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@billfm Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3