Clear all

Build an ESP32CAM Robot Car

47 Posts
14 Users
8 Likes
10.5 K Views
Fritigern
(@fritigern)

@dronebot-workshop, It took me weeks to solder and troubleshoot and get it working. I used the FTDi and a breadboard to program it, setting the FTDI output to 5V and feeding it to 5V  input on the ESP32-CAM.  

The camera re-orientation was sorted by deleting the reference to .rotate90 at the end of line 354 in app.httpd.cpp. (Deleting back from the final curly bracket to the previous one). This rights the video but reduces its height. Might be able to delete (or modify)  "-40px" from the max height definition elsewhere in that line if it refers to the video element size. I had to "modify" the design to make it work because there was so little electricity coming out of the pwm line from IO12 when the webpage slider was at 90% speed. I just connected both enable pins to 5v so it has one speed- "fast". I wrecked an ESP board soldering the external aerial jumper, but the range with the internal aerial is just enough for playing indoors. A fantastic little thing and a superb video and explanation. Thank you very much.

Fritigern

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@fritigern It sounds like you missed seeing Bill's corrective post at HERE

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4