Nice to meet you all. I'm a fan of the YouTube channel, thanks for sharing your knowledge Bill, and for building this fine community of enthusiasts!
Quick intro: I'm a former hardware engineer gone to software development (with stints of graphic design) now looking to dabble again with hardware projects with the kids.
Why am I here? I'd love to learn from you all in the forum and maybe share some mini-creations as the boys and I work on them if it'll help others.
Here's some recent projects/experiments/learning that I'd be happy to share/expand on, let me know if anything piques your interest.
- Primarily using Raspberry Pi 3 and Pico
- Python for our experiments (I mainly use C# at work, formerly a PHP developer and used many other languages and frameworks as needed for the occasion)
- a reactive laser gun target that even tracks points for up to 4 teams (IR receiver, servo, RGB LED, RPi - will port to Pico next)
- a simple activity (aka chore) indicator that gets reset only after the activity has been completed and plays tones with RTTTL on a motherboard piezo. (piezo speaker, LEDs, capacitive touch button, RPi Pico)
- an animated robotic OLED eyes using Photoshop for the custom eyes and those common 1" OLEDs
- RF (FlySky) to control PWM signals back to our devices including some driven motors (HBridge, Motors, RF Transmitter/Receiver, RPi)
- Remote SONOS controller using RPi + Resin.IO + NodeJS and an Azure site to connect to my home Sonos system via the RPi and a series of secured APIs. This was a fun 2 week project that allowed me to use Text to Speech to send whole house announcements even when I wasn't home.
That's enough ramble... if there's anything above that you want more info on, I'll gladly share what I can.
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you have lots to share 🙂