Parlez-vous Francias ? I Don't! Help with the HMC5883

10 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@quince)
Topic starter  

Hello All,

When looking for a project to build I came across this;

A  HMC5883 compass, through a Nano,  is used to directly control the servo in  the video. I clicked on the link and was taken to the project, unfortunately for me it was in French. I looked for a link to the code but was unable to locate it on the page.

I would like to build this project. If you know of a code that will give the same result, please pass it along. If you read and write French and English. I would appreciate it If you would be kind enough to read through the article at;

https://labo.sitagg.com/2015/11/19/boussole-electronique-hmc5883-hmc5983/

and see if I am missing an obvious link to the code. Thanks, Quince

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

I clicked the link you posted. It is in English, and code links are on the page.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@yurkshirelad)

It was French for me, but Google's translation pop up turned it all into English for me.

ReplyQuote
(@quince)
Topic starter  

Hello, I tried google but for some reason it would not translate for me. I just tried it again and for me it was still french, I did download the Adafruit library for the board,I see if I can make that work. Thanks, Quince

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@quince

Here's the URL for the code ...

https://github.com/LordGG/PoCs/blob/master/Compass/HMC5883_Servo.ino

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@quince I am using the Vivaldi browser, it gave me the page in english, IIRC chrome (on which vivaldi is built) will ask you if you want to translate. Maybe I told my browser to always translate, I don't remember. What browser are you using.

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@yurkshirelad)

Paste the url for the French site into Google's translation page below and it will show the page in english:

https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=en&op=websites

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@yurkshirelad I see it in english without doing anything. I think what happened is the first time I saw a French page, you click the translate link and click the always box. No need to go to the google translate site, it's in your browser unless maybe you don't use chrome or one of it's children. EDIT attaching screen print of what happens first time you encounter a foreign language page. I clicked that tiny revert translation icon so I could show you what it looks like first time. I use Vivaldi. Added a native Chrome picture showing the first time french encountered. Firefox doesn't do this which is just one of the many reasons I don't use it.

Screen Shot 2022 04 16 at 09.25.47
Screen Shot 2022 04 16 at 09.29.04
Screen Shot 2022 04 16 at 09.33.16

ReplyQuote
(@quince)
Topic starter  

Hello, Thank you all for the replies. I am using the Firefox browser, time for something new? I did manage to get the translation and the code. Thank you all. Quince

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@quince I switched from Firefox to Chrome/Vivaldi a few years back when Firefox was having a lot of troubles. I bet there is a Firefox extension that will do the same functions re translation that chrome does, just go into the extensions tab and search on translate. Try some until you find one that suits your style.

ReplyQuote