Clear all

Basic RYLR890/896 test circuit not working

20 Posts
5 Users
8 Likes
Inst-Tech
(@inst-tech)

@kevinjones ..Indeed..see, we have more in common than we realized...lol

I retired from from a paper mill in 2014 after 28 years.. but i was in industrial instrumentation for over 40 years..tuned several thousand PID loops over that time, and I have a very good understanding of how it works, and how to implement it. Writing the software is the challenge.. I'm just now learning C++, so I have a ways to go in making it work on my Arduino Uno..The robot is working in the various modes it was constructed to to from the kit I bought..It has follow the light, object avoidance( utilizing IR and ultrasonic sensors), RC control via an Ir controller, and can be operated through an app on my smart phone.. I'm in no hurry, Since I'm retired, everyday is a Saturday...lol

LouisR

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@inst-tech 

There was a whole thread some time ago in which PID was a topic.
https://forum.dronebotworkshop.com/user-robot-projects/henry-ix-a-fully-autonomous-robot-platform/

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
Inst-Tech
(@inst-tech)

@robotbuilder Thanks for the heads up.. I'll be checking out the link you provided..

kind regards,

LouisR

LouisR

ReplyQuote
(@kevinjones)
Topic starter  

Just an update on the 127x modules.  I mentioned 2 of them:

The cheaper "127x module":

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362762899146

and the "RA-02" model including .10 pitch breakout board:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224085233235

I have found that the RA-02 device performs *much* better than the plain 127x module.  I get about 6x the distance (with the RA-02, well over 800 ft in my situation, from inside my house, through trees and other obstacles; only 150 ft with the cheaper module.)  I am using this antenna with IPEX connector with the RA-02:

DollaTek 433MHz Wireless 3dBi IPEX WiFi Spring Antenna for Ra-02 Module Lora OLED Board - 5pcs

Both modules use the 127x chip; perhaps the shielding on the RA-02 is a factor.  The RA-02 with the .10 pitch breakout board is also much more convenient for breadboarding as well final PCB build.

This post was modified 2 years ago 4 times by KevinJones

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@kevinjones None of us can 'see' your amazon link, enclose the link in " " it's a forum bug. I would have assumed the reverse to be true based on the labelling until I noticed the external antenna.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2