tried to copy/paste the gps logger code over to an esp12-e an 8266 no luck

80 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@madmike970 Then why did it work for me? I truly don't understand why we have a problem here.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@madmike970)
Topic starter  

act like your a pro.... i had espsoftwareserial installed before i ever asked a question on this forum... you didnt even know i needed to use it till 5-6days into the thread, you're a dumbass

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@madmike970 Ok, I have made mistakes before, but when I ran the sketch it got a lot furthert then yours. I didn't add Bill's bells and whistles, but at least it was starting and I am sure yours was not. Where sis I misunderstand you. You are trying to run the DBWS sketch Bill demo'd correct?

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@madmike970 

This forum is supposed to be a place where we all help each other.

Your railing at Ron is unfounded because he has only been trying to help you. There's no point in being rude to him, all you'll do is mark yourself as someone to whom we shouldn't respond.

If your stuff still isn't working, then say what fails and how and what you've done about it. Calling somebody who's trying to help you an "arrogant fuck" just makes you look bad, VERY bad.

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

Inst-Tech and Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
(@madmike970)
Topic starter  

just frustrating thats the only "help" that participated. i do HARD physical outdoor work for 10 hours a day, i'm BRAND NEW to this stuff... my time to work on it is quite limited, and this dude acts like he knows whats going on... i was only reporting back to the thread to let anyone know that didnt about the pin boot thing on esp boards.... im so dumb to this topic i dont know what i dont know.... then this dude comes back with "i dunno why you're sharing that with me i already solved your problem" after next to no help previously. just read the thread.. sure im short tempered, maybe a little turrets syndrome, but in the line of work i do and in the life i live when you talk down to people like that you get punched in the mouth. 

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6