New sketch when ESP8266 is in deep sleep mode

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 AyDe
(@ayde)
Topic starter  

Hello,

I recently wrote a sketch with ESP Now and used the deep sleep mode of 30 seconds. Now I wish to make change to the sketch. Unfortunately the device (D1 ESP8266) is not recognized in Arduino IDE. I cannot get a COM port for it. I used another identical D1 ESP8266 to check if my system is Ok and it shows COM port 12.

Anyone had similar issues. the unit in deep sleep is working it is sending the data every 30 seconds, but I cannot update the sketch.

Help appreciated.

Best AyDe

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@ayde Rest switch. Pick nearest board to match, or often just generic esp8266 is fine. board probbly needs to wake up in order to set com port.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
 AyDe
(@ayde)
Topic starter  

@zander 

Thanks, i had tried reset also, i had tied by disconnecting RST and D0 and Connected D3 to GND as suggested in a YouTube video. I also tried to keep trying to upload hoping i might make it in the window when the ESP is awake but this is a few milliseconds so the chance to hit that window is very difficult.

Thanks Ayde

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@ayde If you used a sketch to put it asleep, you must have also set up a wakeup event, just trigger that. If not, toss that board and revamp your sketch to always have a way of waking it up.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote