19 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie
Topic starter  

@will They aren't that different, but there also isn't a lot of benefit to one over the other. The ESP works better for me on this project as it has more pins available than the UNO. I suppose I could have also used the Mega, but size is a secondary requirement as well as cost so the ESP won out this time. I am certainly not giving up on Arduino, I expect to be using both boards a lot going forward.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@zander 

Pease don't misunderstand, I'm not belittling the ESP range, just expressing my limited patience for coping with multiple paths to operation. I'm all for various uControllers and have some alternatives (like the Pi pico and others)ready for new adventures.

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie
Topic starter  

@will I know you aren't, no problemo. I am looking forward to using the Pico for something, just don't know what yet.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
frogandtoad
(@frogandtoad)

Posted by: @zander

@frogandtoad No, I don't watch medical procedures.

🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2