Notifications
Clear all

Following Robot using a ESP32

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@charizardfan_og)
Topic starter  

HI.  I am completely new to this kind of thing and know nothing about it.  I have some theory knowledge that I never applied from 20 years ago about electronics.

I am I disabled person So have been playing with the idea of building a following Robot for myself.  It Has to follow my cell phone signal to be precise.  Both Android and Apple.  I currently have Apple but may change once my charging port finally gives out.  Anyway.  It needs to avoid obstacles as well.  The purpose of it is to carry things after me like a cup of coffee or a Hot pot of stew for dishing up...

What components do I need to make this happen and where could I find the programming for it?

Note that I use a windows computer and currently don't have any components at all, not even the ESP 32 or software to program it.  Thank you for any advise and or teaching you may offer.

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@charizardfan_og Your project is very doable except for two things. Getting apps approved by Apple is EXTREMELY hard so it will have to be web based.

Following a cell signal is not too difficult if your cell phone is the only one nearby, but in a crowded environment might be a bit of a problem. Perhaps some other sort of following mechanism would be more reliable. Or a combination of a couple.

As to where you find the programming, well that is what you would have to learn.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

codecage and Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote