AT firmware

37 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@douwebakker Many of us here started learning at the randomnerdstutorial website, here is the link HERE Also, I have not used an FTDI to program an esp8266, esp32, esp32-CAM in ages, all my boards are now USB plus reset plus boot switches. Spend a few months reading the nerds, maybe buy some courses then try the samples, and some of Bills videos until you are comfortable. Then make some changes to one of those. Good luck.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  

@zander, You already Provided that link in a previous post.

I was familiar with it before. I also bought some of his books online.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker Great, he is a great resource.

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  

@robotBuilder, I also bought a serial usb programmer, but one of a different type.
Programming is much easier with this than via the rx and tx connections of the arduino uno

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@zander 

These are the two ESP32 boards I bought.  Jaycar and Altronics don't seem to have the MB boards.

It may be some time before I get around to use any of them otherwise I might have been able to work through @douwebakker issues by duplicating whatever it was he was trying to do or learn.

To enlarge an image, right click image and choose Open link in new window.

ESP32 And ESP32CAM

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@robotbuilder I got mine on amazon.ca HERE

I used 2 boards and did a total of 8 tests but his scenario didn't do anything, I think I misunderstood. 

ReplyQuote
frogandtoad
(@frogandtoad)

@douwebakker

Posted by: @douwebakker

@zander,  It has nothing to do with the previous IDE issues. Everything works as it should. I'm just curious how things work. Normally you can give AT commands via the serial monitor and the ESP answers back. For example, command "AT" returns "OK". And so the comaand "AT+RST" restarts the ESP8266.

Wow, thanks... I never even knew that ESP8266 supported AT commands!

I remember running such commands in Windows 95/8/ME, etc... for dialup stuff!

Glad to see this is still around... we will need it for the up and coming apocalypse!

Cheers

Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3