Pi Solar Camera - Astronomy with the Raspberry Pi

108 Posts
5 Users
22 Likes
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@zander 

Thanks for the pointers on getting the telescope aligned.  Maybe I'll be ready by the next eclipse! 😎 

SteveG

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@codecage HaHa. If you are inclined to sell the solar scope, I am in the market.

I think I see why you may have been fooled re the Pi camera, the dust cap was screwed into the C spacer so firmly I thought the entire thing was the dust cap for a few seconds until I realized that could not be true. Now I have it in the 3 parts it should be in. I also got the C to Canon EF lens adapter so the Pi camera can be connected to all 3 of my Canon lenses. Now I will be checking out camera stores, pawn shops, yard sales etc to see if I can find some older FD style Canon lenses that are pretty much unusable today but I can get an adapter to connect the Pi HQ. Those older lenses were often great glass.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Mac-in-Memphis
(@mac-in-memphis)

@dronebot-workshop Hi Bill, Thank you for posting your 'first light' image of totality!

Plz let us know if you post more pix or links to your vids / sequences! 

I purchased most of the items that you mentioned in your Raspberry Project, but unfortunately, several items had shipping delays 🙁 but have them now).

I did, however, use the internet links that you mentioned, to watch for trending openings in cloud cover; and for picking a site along the central, maximum shadow's path.

Your project video was EXTREMELY helpful, and err, 'spot on' !    😉   Mac

Canon camera w/ 200mm lens:

Eclipse'24 Swope

If it is broken, anyway; then just take it completely apart and try to fix it.
you may learn something valuable from the ancient efforts of industrious others. /hms

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8