Clear all

Using the 555 Timer

21 Posts
11 Users
16 Likes
(@boggiano)

@will Sorry, I don't understand.
Can you, please, be more specific ?
I try to follow, step by step, the flow of the diagram but I don't get it.

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@boggiano 

It's the flip flop section that's confusing you. This article will explain its operation far better than I could in the forum ...

https://www.electronicsforu.com/technology-trends/learn-electronics/flip-flop-rs-jk-t-d

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

Inst-Tech reacted
ReplyQuote
Marvin
(@rob42101)
The Paranoid Android

I've just been watching this Video and (just as with all the content that I have so far viewed) it's very well presented, explaining the circuits in detail, which is exactly what I (for one) need.

It could be that what I'm about to suggest has already been done/suggested, which is this: use a 555 Timer to generate the signal that is required to test salvaged (or even unused) Capacitors. From my very limited knowledge, I understand that the "characteristics" of any given Capacitor can be determined by looking at the waveform on a Oscilloscope and to do that, one needs a "signal", such as can be produced by a signal generator. So, maybe a very inexpensive "signal generator" could be built, based on a 555 Timer, with maybe a Potentiometer to tune the signal to a particular frequency?

Possibly, I don't know enough to see that this would not be reliable, but I have theses kind of thoughts (that is to say, practical applications) whenever I watch these kind of Videos.

Thank you, Bill.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@rob42101 Hi Marvin. The member you were posting to  (@boggiano)  has not been on the forum since 2022-08-08 so he has likely lost interest. In addition you didn't address your message with @name as in @rob42101 in your case so that he will get notified.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Marvin
(@rob42101)
The Paranoid Android

@zander Hi Ron,

The reason that I did not put @boggiano is because my post was not directed at that member; it's simply a general "Thank you." to Bill, together with a suggestion as to what I would like to see, as a 555 Timer Project, should my suggestion seem to be both practical and potentially of interest to other members.

I'm sorry that my post is unclear on those points.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@rob42101 There is a forum for suggesting new content.

Screenshot 2024 03 04 at 08.21.19

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2