Received Likes
Received Dislikes
2/10
Rating
Blog Posts
Blog Comments

About Me

My little bio:

From an early age, I was fascinated by anything that was electrically powered. In fact, I learned to read, because we (as a family) had many Ladybird Books, one of which was all about Electricity and I had a profound interest in the topic. Why that should be, at such an early age, is a complete mystery to me: I'm not a academic person; I learn what I need to know, out of either interest, or for practical reasons.

My first real love (after Music, that is) was Computers. Once I discovered Computers and the fact that I could program said to do what I wanted it to do, there was no going back.

First Computer: Sinclair ZX81

Language: BASIC

Other Languages:

COBOL - A horrible language, which discouraged me from going into the commercial world of programming.

C - Much later, I discovered C, but I found it to be too technical for what I wanted to do.

Python - Later still (by decades) I discovered Python. This reignited my love of coding, something that I had not felt since learning BASIC, which I had dabbled with, in it's various dialects, over the interim time.

JavaScript - What?! I don't think I've ever seen such a confusing and disorganised scripting language and I'm somewhat dismayed that it's taken hold in the way that it has.

I've also build my own website (no JavaScript!) using HTML, PHP and CSS. The 'Menu' system was pure CSS, just so that I knew it could be done. Said site is sill live, but it's way out of date now and parts of it are broken.

If you'd like to see what I've done, with Python3 code, then by all means, take a look at my GitHub

Thank you for reading.

Signature

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Social Networks