Notifications
Clear all

Trying to link ESP32 to Excel Data Streamer, to display and process Serial Monitor data

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@alex-uk)
Topic starter  

Hi all. My projects have moved from Arduino Uno recently to ESP32, but one problem I have found is that that transition has lost me the ability to use a very useful application, MS Excel Data Streamer.

For those who haven't seen, here's a good video on how to take Arduino Serial Monitor data (e.g. from sensors), and send it over the USB direct into Excel, where of course you can do all sorts with it, in real time. It also explains how to get it (it's an add on to Excel) and set up:

But it's a known problem that the software won't recognise a connected ESP32, a fix has apparently been in the pipeline for some time. I've tried asking, as you'll see on the forum at link, as have others. One response was 'play around with the settings' (!?), apparently there are work arounds people have found. But I cannot get it to work.

If anyone knows a. a solution to this, or b. an alternative to Data Streamer that can achieve the same thing, I'd be really grateful. 

Many thanks

Regards

Alex