Notifications
Clear all

ESP WROOM 32 - no pin 0

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@bonshates)
Topic starter  

I am working my way through Bill's introduction to ESP32 video on Youtube. I have made it through all of the examples up until the Repeat Timer segment. This segment requires a pin 0 which my ESP32 does not have.

Here's a link to the pinout for my module. https://esp32.com/viewtopic.php?t=9875

My question is I am looking for another pin 0 equivalent on this module?

Also, the pins are too wide for a breadboard so I had to muck around to get it situated on the breadboard. Life if full of challenges. 🤔 

(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

From the pinout diagram, it looks like GPIO0 shares the same pin as GPIO36.

A good reference on ESP32 GPIO pins is on Random Nerd Tutorials.

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

Posted by: @bonshates

Also, the pins are too wide for a breadboard so I had to muck around to get it situated on the breadboard

Sometimes it's easier to use two breadboards side-by-side for those huge modules!

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
(@n5kzw)

Posted by: @bonshates

I am working my way through Bill's introduction to ESP32 video on Youtube. I have made it through all of the examples up until the Repeat Timer segment. This segment requires a pin 0 which my ESP32 does not have.

Here's a link to the pinout for my module. https://esp32.com/viewtopic.php?t=9875

My question is I am looking for another pin 0 equivalent on this module?

Also, the pins are too wide for a breadboard so I had to muck around to get it situated on the breadboard. Life if full of challenges. 🤔 

You can put stackable headers on your breadboard and the make all of the connections under the ESP32 module before installing it in the headers.  You could also cut a breadboard in half and use the ESP32 board to space the two pieces the proper distance apart before gluing them down.  With a 3D printer, you can print a tray to hold the two breadboard halves.

HTH,

Ed

Ron reacted
ReplyQuote