Topic starter  

But the ESP32 cannot be installed.

afbeelding

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@douwebakker I am still here and trying to help. That easy uploader situation tells me you were not able to fully uninstall the old installation. You can fix that quite easy, here are exact steps.

After you get to the place in the picture, click the New Sketch button. Once the empty new sketch shows up, find the window with esasy uploader and kill that window. Now goto Tools and select the Uno board, now goto samples and select Basics/Blink. Run that. If it is clen then upload if you have an Uno, otherwise carry on. Now change your board to ESP32 whatever version you have. Now Manage Libraries and enter WiFiManager in the search box. You will get a LOT of matches, scroll to the bottom and look for this one ONLY (I don't care about 13 or 14 or beta, just be sure it's exactly "WiFiManager by tzapu". Now load the sample and compile.

Screenshot 2022 10 28 at 10.50.01

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  

I'll stop now.

It is now 8 pm here.

Tomorrow there's another day.

New day New chances.

Douwe

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker After the prefs are fixed and the boards are added did you go into Board Manager and enter ESP32?

Screenshot 2022 10 28 at 11.03.52
Screenshot 2022 10 28 at 11.03.32

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker If you are going to stop at 8PM you are not a programmer. Our day starts at 8PM and goes until sunup.

Many of us are fans of and started with what we call the nerds. The site is here  then click the ESP32 button, then spend a few days reading. ALL the instructions to get started are there.

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @zander

@douwebakker If you are going to stop at 8PM you are not a programmer. Our day starts at 8PM and goes until sunup.

Many of us are fans of and started with what we call the nerds. The site is here  then click the ESP32 button, then spend a few days reading. ALL the instructions to get started are there.

I am familiar with Rui Santos' site and have also downloaded books from him.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker Sorry just noticed your esp32 setup. VERY WRONG. Enclosed pic is how it should look. There is something very wrong with your IDE install. I suspect you are doing something wrong but are not telling us because you think it is normal. You really need to do a proper uninstall and re-install, until then this will not get fixed. Sorry but I am now Mac and have not used Windows since 2017. I did a google and this is where to start.

1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-or-remove-apps-and-programs-in-windows-4b55f974-2cc6-2d2b-d092-5905080eaf98

2. https://www.techradar.com/best/best-free-software-uninstallers

3. https://windowsreport.com/best-uninstaller-software/

Research those and pick one that works post install (the best work pre-install)

Until you have removed the old install then do a proper install (I know for a fact you did something weird because the evidence is in one of your screen posts) nobody can help you. Maybe a few weeks/months (pros need 2 years on the job training) reading the Nerds will be a start. Other sources on the net are old and now wrong. Always start with www.arduino.cc of course.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker Good start. Have you tried to click the arrow where for ESP32 it has 1.0.6 near the bottom, it should say 2.0.5 at least.

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  

@douwebakker Sorry just noticed your esp32 setup. VERY WRONG. Enclosed pic is how it should look. There is something very wrong with your IDE install. I suspect you are doing something wrong but are not telling us because you think it is normal. You really need to do a proper uninstall and re-install, until then this will not get fixed. Sorry but I am now Mac and have not used Windows since 2017. I did a google and this is where to start.

1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-or-remove-apps-and-programs-in-windows-4b55f974-2cc6-2d2b-d092-5905080eaf98

2. https://www.techradar.com/best/best-free-software-uninstallers

3. https://windowsreport.com/best-uninstaller-software/

Research those and pick one that works post install (the best work pre-install)

Until you have removed the old install then do a proper install (I know for a fact you did something weird because the evidence is in one of your screen posts) nobody can help you. Maybe a few weeks/months (pros need 2 years on the job training) reading the Nerds will be a start. Other sources on the net are old and now wrong. Always start with www.arduino.cc of course.

There is a uninstall button in the programfile of the IDE.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker I am not sure what you mean, do a screen grab

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  

@douwebakker I am not sure what you mean, do a screen grab

I am currently not in my Office where the computer is.

Can it be tomorrow morning?

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker Sure. I am currently installing the IDE + esp32 support on my windows inside parallels on my Mac and on my Pi4 as well. I see an Uninstall Icon in the Arduino dir so maybe we try that tomorrow. I installed as admin, and installed for ALL users.

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  

@douwebakker Sure. I am currently installing the IDE + esp32 support on my windows inside parallels on my Mac and on my Pi4 as well. I see an Uninstall Icon in the Arduino dir so maybe we try that tomorrow. I installed as admin, and installed for ALL users.

You do a lot of effort for me Ron!

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  
I think it's solved. I'll try the WiFiManager later, because that's where it went wrong last week
afbeelding

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6