problem compiling to Basic.ino/WiFiManager esp32

88 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@douwebakker What does your arduino/libraries folder look like right now?

Here is a pic of my preferences showing location of my sketchbook and the 2nd pic shows the location of my (personal) library where the IDE will install the WiFiManager. The 3rd pic shows some of the contents of my (personal) library with WiFiManager near the top.

Screenshot 2022 10 29 at 08.59.42
Screenshot 2022 10 29 at 09.00.36
Screenshot 2022 10 29 at 09.05.35

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  
afbeelding

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker EDIT - Never mind, I understand.

What is that supposed to be?

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker EDIT I just saw my Arduino dir on Win is similar, my apologies.

WTF! That is NOT a C drive, it's a Linux package! I thought you were Windows!

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker I am sending you a private message

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @zander

@douwebakker I am sending you a private message

Hi Ron, I have read your comments and your emails.

I know now where my mistake was.

I should have quit en restart the IDE.

I always skipped that.

Just to be shure, i reinstalled en tested everything again.

Its working fine now.

The screenshots of mij settings are below.

afbeelding
afbeelding
afbeelding

I hope there are not to many mistakes in my Englisch.

You shoult know that my native laguage is Dutch.

Greetings from Drenthe.

Douwe

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker You still have many preferences that need to be set. The C: drive is shown why? I do not want or expect an answer. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @zander

@douwebakker You still have many preferences that need to be set. The C: drive is shown why? I do not want or expect an answer. Good luck.

I do not understand you

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker Most of your preferences are still NOT set. I think I sent them to you several times.

I sent my complete prefs in the last private message to you. Look at EVERY item, you have not checked any items so will not get compiler messages or editor hints. EDIT, Code Folding is no longer an option

See attached pic of my prefs, I have marked in Orange the things you need to change in your prefs.

I have no idea what the purpose is of showing my your C drive. Your problem had NOTHING to do with the install, it was a library issue. Bye.

Screenshot 2022 10 30 at 08 52 04

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  

@zander, Oh that way. I've clicket everything now.

afbeelding

Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker Just to mess with your mind, you may eventually find a library with a trivial compile error but the code still works. In that case in order to do a successful upload you need to turn the compiler diags back to default but normally it should be at ALL. Welcome to the world of open source!

ReplyQuote
douwebakker
(@douwebakker)
Topic starter  

Thanks Ron, i can get on with the IDE now.

By the way, wintertime has started now.

It is now 7 pm

Douwe

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@douwebakker I will be here for another 12 hours having started about 4 hours ago and I am 80.6 years old with Covid. It is now 1115.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6