Notifications
Clear all

Power supply

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@xnordens)
Topic starter  

Hello I am working with a Door Bell system. I have NodeMCU8266 by all doors. I have a NodeMCU8266 as server  behind a panel with indication LEDs what happens, if someone is on one door and if it is open. I have also added ISD1820 sound modules. I have build audio amplifiers with LM386. As power I bout from Banggood ID: 1065593 5V 700mA 3.5W AC-DC Step Down Isolated Switching Power Supply Module.

When a connect the power supply to this parts. It is disturbing the sound module so it trigging it to start saying what I recorded over and over again. I do not have a oscilloscope so I can see the curve form. I have tried to add bigger capacitors from outgoing pins. I bought the power supplies because they are small. Have someone this modules and oscilloscope so you can test what is wrong. I have bought many of the power supplies so I want to use them. 

codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

Do you have just one power supply for all your ESP8266s?  How many ESP8266s do you have.  The only PS you mention is a 700MA supply.  Maybe that is not enough if you are running wire from the power supply to all of the doors.  At those low voltages the wiring itself could be consuming too much current.  Just a thought as it isn't clear from your description.

SteveG

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

Now I have what may be a power issue myself.  So I wanted to see if others might have experienced this and might have some pointers.

I have a NODEMCU ESP8266 connected by a USB cable from my computer.  On the breadboard I have a AM2320 Temp/Humid sensor.  I'm powering the AM2320 from the 3.3V pin of the ESP8266, and via 10K pullups to the SDA and SCL lines.  The "basic_AM2320" sketch runs along fine for awhile then dies, sort of, and then comes back running fine, again for awhile.  Some times when it hiccups I get a "dump" of some sort, then the script starts over.

Anyone seen this?

SteveG

ReplyQuote
TheOutlander
(@theoutlander)

@codecage I have several NodeMCU boards running with temp/humidity sensors. A couple of them run 24x7. One is on my desk is connected to a LCD display. Never noticed a glitch but I'm not watching serial monitors!

"Hardware eventually fails. Software eventually works." - Michael Hartung

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@theoutlander

Yes it was just watching the serial monitor, no displays involved.

When the sketch fires up it prints "Adafruit AM2320 Basic Test" to the serial monitor, then it prints the Temperature and Humidtiy every 2 seconds by default.  All to the serial monitor.  Every once in awhile it will hiccup and you see a couple of oddball characters then the sign-on message again followed by Temp & Humid repeatedly.  And then periodically you get like a memory dump between cycles of the temp/humid printing to the serial monitor.  All power is coming from the USB cable to the computer.

SteveG

ReplyQuote
noweare
(@noweare)

For some reason it is rebooting.  Do you have an oscilloscope that you can look at the power with ? Maybe use the reset pin to the external trigger the scope when the reset pin goes low.

ReplyQuote