Notifications
Clear all

Four ESP32 with three buttons and three LEDs.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Reid
(@reid)
Topic starter  

I am kind of new to ESP32. I did follow the instructions on broadcast mode hookup and used the code esp-now-multi and got working with four ESP32s with buttons and LEDs. It broadcast to all ESP32. I just want to ESP32 to specific ESP32. I would like to add more buttons and LEDs on each ESP32. So each ESP32 has three buttons and three LEDs. So push the first buttons from the first ESP32 to light comes on from the second ESP32. See below. I understand we need to get the MAC address on each.  Can someone help me with this?

first ESP32:

1st button for second ESP32 LED

2nd button for third ESP32 LED

3rd button for fourth ESP32 LED

Second ESP32:

1st button for first ESP32 LED

2nd button for third ESP32 LED

Third ESP32:

2nd button for second ESP32 LED

Fourth ESP32:

2nd button for second ESP32 LED

3rd button for third ESP32 LED

My plans for each room of my house are to control heat. I will add servos, hall sensors (check vent and door is open or closed), and RF sensors (check if people are in or not). I know it is a big project. I just want to do it little by little to get it working. I will use VB or Lazarus to communicate with Master ESP32 and control several ESP32. I am using ESPNOW. I do not want use WiFi.

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Reid

Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@reid What part do you need help with, it's quite straightforward. As far as getting the MAC address, Bill gives you the sketch to do that. Do you know to click the More link under the video, the first link is the blog where the video is explained. You can see the sketches used, and near the bottom will be a download link so you can run them. Maybe start there with Bill's code to get a deeper understanding and then you can expand it.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
 Reid
(@reid)
Topic starter  

@zander  Do you mean how to get the Mac Address on each ESP32? I already got the MAC Address on each ESP32. Maybe I misunderstood. Can you give me the link where I find more information?

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@reid That was it.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote