3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie
Topic starter  

I am used to seeing a .h header file at a minimum that tells me the data types and function calls I can use with a particular piece of programmable hardware.

I want to build a remote (inside the basement of my RV) camera and need to figure out how to 'wake' it from a low power state that I know it can be put into. I found a sketch and see the following functions,

wakeup_reason = esp_sleep_get_wakeup_cause();

esp_deep_sleep_start();

esp_sleep_enable_ext0_wakeup(GPIO_NUM_33,1); //1 = High, 0 = Low

Where are these and all the other functions described? I was expecting maybe an IDE menu item and I do see a menu item Sketch/Include Library but don't see an ESP32-CAM entry.

Just point me in the right direction guys I am an experienced programmer but I need to know where to start.

Thanks,

Ron

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

frogandtoad
(@frogandtoad)

@ronalex4203

Posted by: @ronalex4203

I am used to seeing a .h header file at a minimum that tells me the data types and function calls I can use with a particular piece of programmable hardware.

I want to build a remote (inside the basement of my RV) camera and need to figure out how to 'wake' it from a low power state that I know it can be put into. I found a sketch and see the following functions,

wakeup_reason = esp_sleep_get_wakeup_cause();

esp_deep_sleep_start();

esp_sleep_enable_ext0_wakeup(GPIO_NUM_33,1); //1 = High, 0 = Low

Where are these and all the other functions described? I was expecting maybe an IDE menu item and I do see a menu item Sketch/Include Library but don't see an ESP32-CAM entry.

Just point me in the right direction guys I am an experienced programmer but I need to know where to start.

Have you researched the ESP32 API Reference ?

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie
Topic starter  

@frogandtoad That looks like a starting point, thanks.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote