Clear all

the ben eater 6502

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Pakabol
(@pakabol)
Topic starter  

hey ya'll well yesterday I got my ben eater 6502 kit and put in a few hours yesterday playing around with it I managed to get the clock finished

and then also got the CPU hooked up and connected the data line to the ArduinoΒ 

I following it set by step cause not only do i want this but i would love to better understand it and that's our goal right πŸ˜› hope you all enjoy i will update more after i get movingΒ 

DaveE reacted
Will
 Will
(@will)

@pakabol

Β 

Good job !

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@pakabol
The good old 6502. I used to program that CPU in Assembler on the C64. Even wrote a simple Editor/Assembler for the c64 which I was going to evolve into a HLL but then moved onto more advanced computers. Watched the first ben eater video and he explains it very well for someone who understands computers at the hardware level but not really a beginner project for someone who doesn't already have that knowledge. Found much of it of interest particularly the programming of the EPROM.

Let us know how you progress.

Β 

Β 

Β 

ReplyQuote
Pakabol
(@pakabol)
Topic starter  

Β 

πŸ™‚ once I watch his videos I got kinda hooked and have been studying for about 2 years. I've built the 8-bit computer he did that was really fun. this 6502 is simpler but more complex and quite fun.

didn't get quite as much done today i wanted to wait for amazon for the new toys. got a logic probe and a bench power supply. getting a bit more money now so i can start to buy the tools to help me gain futher knowledge. got a little pocket occilloscope on the way. ive found one i want but i dont have the 300 right now for itΒ 

Β 

IMG 20220108 194648003

Β 

but i did get the EEPROM hooked up after playing with a few scripts with the Arduino and controlling the data paths on the 6502 with resistors but i ended up not having vs studio on my laptop in the shop do i got that started (internet sucks i live in a cornfield) so i came back and wrote the rom file on my main. hoping to get alot more done tomorrowΒ  Β 

IMG 20220108 194615003

ReplyQuote
Pakabol
(@pakabol)
Topic starter  

i know its not very clean still deciding if i want to make it all neat. i think it look awesome with that rats nest but i can clean it up any time later if i change my mindΒ 

Β 

ReplyQuote