5 Likes
Spyder
(@spyder)

@dronebot-workshop

Posted by: @dronebot-workshop

had a long period of absence from the forum in October and November

We've all missed you !

Merry Christmas !

Your absence has forced me to try to learn ROS on my own rather than just stealing the code from you. Turns out it's both harder and easier than I thought

I'm sharing what i have, but real life has temporarily interrupted my studies 

ReplyQuote
Spyder
(@spyder)

Posted by: @ricknl

I really want to get everything of my car repaired and fixed today, so I can start working on it making it drive itself around the room.

I hope you have a big living room

ReplyQuote
Spyder
(@spyder)

Posted by: @ricknl

Find out how to crash

I think we've got crashing figured out pretty well... all it takes is getting too close to the ground 

ReplyQuote
(@pugwash)
Sorcerers' Apprentice

@spyder

As a response to a British Government road safety campaign (speed kills), Jeremy Clarkson (ex Top Gear) said: "Speed doesn't kill,  it is a sudden and unexpected deceleration to zero that kills"!

ReplyQuote
ricknl
(@ricknl)

Posted by: @spyder

I hope you have a big living room

Maybe I should have mentioned my car is smaller than DB1... Link to it's topic

Anyway, it's working again. Still some unexpected behaviour of my right motors though. Sometimes they don't seem to work and after connecting them to 12V and GND they immediately spin and (often) start listening to the motor driver (Pololu Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield) again. Likely something I should look into soon.

This post was modified 4 years ago by ricknl

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

Posted by: @spyder

real life has temporarily interrupted my studies

Pretty well the story of my life.

I just got sidetracked from the work I'm doing on the website because my Mom dropped her pedometer and the display is going nuts. I tore it apart but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it, so I'll "fix" it by ordering another one on Amazon.

And all the "real life" going on next door has made it just about impossible to make ANY video anymore - Regular videos, DB1 videos, Patreon videos or even the "explainer" videos I'm creating for this forum. 

Yesterday I filmed for nearly four hours, and the result is about 6 minutes of actual video!  I had a few flubs, I always do, but most of my time was spent refilming interrupted takes.  So my soundproofing project has now become my top priority!

Real Life really stinks sometimes!

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
egers
(@egers)

Posted by: @dronebot-workshop

Now if only I could say the same for the website!

The switch to PHP 7.3 has caused me a lot of grief on the main site, the forum was fine. So although I put the site back "on the air" yesterday it isn't really finished yet. I cloned it, so I'll experiment with the clone and then apply the changes to the production site afterward.

What exactly is being changed on the website? Nothing seems different.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2