Pico with sony ILX554B sensor

26 Posts
3 Users
14 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@davee Thanks for the kind wishes Dave, I think I am going to recover, but I should know more next week. As far as the CMOS CCD change, that was strictly a cost saving move. Initially CMOS wasn't as good technically but now I doubt there is any difference. I should have prefaced my earlier comments by saying I was only referencing DSLR type tech, I have no idea what they are using today in video and especially high end and commercial video but at the consumer level I think it's all CMOS.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

dhananjaya1 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dhananjaya1)
Topic starter  

@davee thank youuu!, it's clear and valuable information. My target is making a spectrometer using a ilx554b ccd sensor for low cost and precise. Calibrations are needed after development of physical spectrometer. It's include sensor driving part, analog to digital data reading and display the spectrum on the color display. If someone interested about this and expert with coding in micropython please make a code for that. It's about 2 clock pulses (for clock and readout gate) with different timing according to the data sheet and after sensor Vout pin connected to the ADC0 of pico and that data read and store to the array of data and display the spectrum as output as that sensor gave with different light intensities. It's only thing for maiden task. After that data averaging is for produce more accurate data.

I guess this project will helpful for students for their applications.

This is the ccd sensor datasheet.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@dhananjaya1 Where is this device going to be used?

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

dhananjaya1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@dhananjaya1 What are you using as your prism?

dhananjaya1 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dhananjaya1)
Topic starter  

@zander it's for color identification like purposes as a start. As a further development I will find and work with absorption and reflective wavelengths. I'm looking for data capturing, saving and display as a spectrum of that data.

This post was modified 1 year ago by dhananjaya1

ReplyQuote
(@dhananjaya1)
Topic starter  

@zander I'm going to use 1000lines/mm transmission grating instead of a prism. Also I'm looking for make a reflective grating from using a blank dvd part.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@dhananjaya1 I will be interested to see how you do color identification with a Black and White sensor. The capture, save, display are trivial of course but my old fuzzy head can't get the color from B/W idea sorted so far at least.

dhananjaya1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@dhananjaya1 Interesting use of blank DVD media, is it one specific form of the media as in DVD-R, DD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM (did I miss any?)

dhananjaya1 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dhananjaya1)
Topic starter  

@zander yeah, it's right. But we know the sensor alignments and spectral wavelength for different colors.

ReplyQuote
(@dhananjaya1)
Topic starter  

@zander I'm going to use dvd-R disc for that.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@dhananjaya1 Ok, I still don't get it, but I will learn more when you present your finished project.

dhananjaya1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2