Clear all

Hello from the Isle of Anglesey, North Wales, UK

9 Posts
5 Users
10 Likes
PaulXLE
(@paulxle)
Topic starter  

Hi, I'm Paul, I'm a software developer living on the Isle of Anglesey, today looking out over the Irish sea from my office/workshop window on a very hot (by UK standards) day.

I dabble almost exclusively with various Arduinos, and after many years of programming in lots of languages (most recently PHP) I'm trying hard to get my head around the Arduino's C++.

It's great to watch Bill making things, going into just the right amount of detail to inspire me to have a go too - there's so much out there on t'internet that is confusing and often just wrong, not here!

My other interests are mostly cars, photography and guitars - hoping to combine those with Arduino projects in the future.

Paul Crossley
Isle of Anglesey, North Wales, UK

Inq
 Inq
(@inq)

Welcome to the forum.  It is quite the melting pot here at DroneBotWorkshop.  I'm looking forward to your projects.

3 lines of code = InqPortal = Complete IoT, App, Web Server w/ GUI Admin Client, WiFi Manager, Drag & Drop File Manager, OTA, Performance Metrics, Web Socket Comms, Easy App API, All running on ESP8266...
Even usable on ESP-01S - Quickest Start Guide

PaulXLE reacted
ReplyQuote
frogandtoad
(@frogandtoad)

Posted by: @paulxle

Hi, I'm Paul, I'm a software developer living on the Isle of Anglesey, today looking out over the Irish sea from my office/workshop window on a very hot (by UK standards) day.

I dabble almost exclusively with various Arduinos, and after many years of programming in lots of languages (most recently PHP) I'm trying hard to get my head around the Arduino's C++.

It's great to watch Bill making things, going into just the right amount of detail to inspire me to have a go too - there's so much out there on t'internet that is confusing and often just wrong, not here!

My other interests are mostly cars, photography and guitars - hoping to combine those with Arduino projects in the future.

Welcome to the forum, Paul!

Looks like we have some common interests!

Cheers

PaulXLE reacted
ReplyQuote
ron bentley
(@ronbentley1)

Posted by: @paulxle

@paulxle

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

If you have an interest in exploring Arduino C++ then there are many members here that can help out should you have any needs.

A lovely part of the world you are in there in Anglesey, we are just back from 2 weeks in Cardigan which was great, we love Wales!

Regards

Ron B (Stafford UK)

Ron Bentley
Creativity is an input to innovation and change is the output from innovation. Braden Kelley
A computer is a machine for constructing mappings from input to output. Michael Kirby
Through great input you get great output. RZA
Gauss is great but Euler rocks!!

PaulXLE reacted
ReplyQuote
PaulXLE
(@paulxle)
Topic starter  

Thanks Ron, actually I am a Staffordian, born and raised - my best mate at school, with whom I am still in touch, was Ken Bentley - any relation? - small world!

Paul 

Paul Crossley

ron bentley reacted
ReplyQuote
ron bentley
(@ronbentley1)

@paulxle 

Hi Paul,

small world, eh?

No, Ken is not a relation as far as I know. I originally come from Nottingham where I was born and grew up until university.  I move to Stafford in 1979 and stayed - its a great little town.

I meant to say, I presume you have seen/use the Arduino Project Hub?  If not check it out - lots of projects on there for all interests, even a lot of mind!.  Here's the link:

Arduino Project Hub

Have a great day and stay cool! 😎 

Ron B

Ron Bentley
Creativity is an input to innovation and change is the output from innovation. Braden Kelley
A computer is a machine for constructing mappings from input to output. Michael Kirby

PaulXLE reacted
ReplyQuote
PaulXLE
(@paulxle)
Topic starter  

Hi Rob

yes I've used the hub, in fact I was on it this week looking for info on the NRF24L01 - I had a great deal of trouble getting them to work, until I discovered the Uno wasn't giving 'enough' 5v (to a YL-105 adapter) - and after hours of trying, simply powering the NRF24L01 from a separate power supply solved the problem, I will contribute to the relevant post on that discovery later!

Actually, again, small world, I went (briefly) to Nottingham University - to study Electronics - but I got diverted by computing and ended up spending my working life as a programmer, only now in retirement returning to electronics once more.

Paul

This post was modified 2 years ago by PaulXLE

Paul Crossley

ReplyQuote
ron bentley
(@ronbentley1)

@paulxle 

It feels like your almost a neighbour!! ha, ha.

I graduated from Birmingham University with a Mathematics degree (halcyon times!).  I got into IT after following computer subsidiary modules during my 3 years, joining Ferranti in 1976.  I finished my career as Head of IT with Staffordshire Police. But, as they say, that's history!

Just a small correction, I am Ron not Rob.  I get that a lot.

Regards

Ron B

Ron Bentley

PaulXLE reacted
ReplyQuote
Thornogson
(@thornogson)

Hi guys, I just joined, been on the openinverter.com forum for a while, I’m in the Conwy Valley and would be pleased to be in touch 

cheers

John

ReplyQuote