Notifications
Clear all

Tachometer

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@technopip)
Topic starter  

To Bill, can you do a tutorial on making an Android based tachometer using a A3144 hall sensor. Need to be able to activate a 12v bulb (possibly separate circuit and power) if the RPM drops below a given level, say 2800RPM, and goes off again once RPM back up to say 3200RPM. Got a generator that's a bit of a drama queen if RPM not just right, so a warning light to attract attention would be helpful. Cheers

Paul

(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

I like it, it's an interesting suggestion.

I would like to know what a few other people think, or if you can suggest additional features. 

Thanks for suggesting it.

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
revver11
(@revver11)

I can't think of a personal application but it sounds interesting. 

Maybe it's possible to automate the RPM adjustment if the drama queen strays from acceptable limits - maybe a servo to push/pull the throttle?

Len

ReplyQuote
(@technopip)
Topic starter  

@dronebot-workshop I like revver11's suggestion too, though no idea where to start on either method as a newbie to the arduino world. Maybe there's material there for two tutorials on YouTube, must be people out there that have similar issues that could adapt one or other of the idea's.

Thanks for considering this subject, stay well.

Paul

ReplyQuote
(@technopip)
Topic starter  

@revver11 I like your suggestion, sounds maybe a bit more complicated but definitely an interesting alternative, thanks for that.

Stay well.

Paul

This post was modified 4 years ago by Technopip

ReplyQuote
hstaam
(@hstaam)
Mr.

@revver11 

My very thoughts. I would be ivery interested to follow such a project.

hj

hj

ReplyQuote