Clear all

Sensors

5 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Sumanta
(@sumanta)
Topic starter  

Recently, I bought a 37 in 1 sensor kit for Arduino. I request you to make a video series on all those sensors. You have already made videos for some of those sensors.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.instructables.com/Arduino-37-in-1-Sensors-Kit-Explained/%3famp_page=true

The above link lists all the sensors in the kit. Please think over this and bring out a video series for it. This will be very helpful for beginners to learn how to use these components and make real life projects using them.

I hope you will accept this suggestion 😃

(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

I actually had considered doing this, several times in fact, and I already own a few of these kits. But, as you have said, I have already done videos on several of these sensors already. 

Also, the Instructables article you link to is for the old 37-sensors kit, there is a newer model that is much more useful.  It gets rid of the pointless sensor like the Light Cup (has anyone ever figured out a practical use for that?) and the somewhat dangerous ones like the Mercury Switch (a glass bulb filled with a toxic material) and has more interesting items like an LCD Displays and a matrix keypad.

I kind of gave up the idea about a year ago. But I would be interested to see if anyone else would like to see this, as I'm still willing to do it if there is lots of interest. 

As an aside, I was always puzzled by the term "37 Sensors". First of all, why 37 of them, what is the magic in the number 37? Secondly, I would like to point out that several of the items like buzzers, relays, LEDs (and displays in the newer model) are not "sensors", they are output devices!

Again is anyone else interested in this? If so I may indeed do an episode. And it wouldn't require 37 experiments, as they can really be grouped into about 5 groups that all operate identically.

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
(@hayttom)

Dear Bill, and Forum members,

I would love to see episodes on selected 'Baskin-Robins 31 flavours' sensors!

Tom

Tom

ReplyQuote
Sumanta
(@sumanta)
Topic starter  

@dronebot-workshop Yeah. You are right. Actually the sensor kit, which I got, has 37 sensors. And same to same these sensors are listed in the webpage. There are actually 25-26 sensors, leaving the output devices and those sensors, about which you have already made videos.

So, please try to make a series on it, if not possible in a single video. 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@kutgv)

yeah bill, 37 "quickies" and your thoughts and pitfalls on the sensor (or output) :p

Mario

ReplyQuote