Notifications
Clear all

The Jetson Nano WINS! Read all about it!

78 Posts
11 Users
13 Likes
23.7 K Views
Spyder
(@spyder)

@robo-pi

All the versions of ROS are named after turtles, in alphabetical order. So, they're up to M now, which means this must be the 13th version

ReplyQuote
Robo Pi
(@robo-pi)
Robotics Engineer
Topic starter  

A Robot Operating System
the goal of mankind's dreams
To have his mechanical robots
serve him as obedient teams

It's the ultimate Artificial Intelligence
a trustworthy subservient slave
a machine that does what it's told to do
and will never misbehave

The Bionic Beaver and Melodic Morenia
as the ultimate A.I. crown
ROS control will forever be
turtles all the way down

DroneBot Workshop Robotics Engineer
James

ReplyQuote
Robo Pi
(@robo-pi)
Robotics Engineer
Topic starter  

The Video Nightmares Begin,...

There's a lot to be said for determination. ? 

I'm trying to run Kdenlive on the Jestson Nano.   So far so good.  The program seems to run fairly well for making very simple videos.   Now I'm moving on to making more complex videos (i.e. using Picture in Picture) and other effects.   This Slows things down dramatically.  In fact, it slows things down so much that it's impossible to do any live editing using Picture in Picture.   All you can really do is just set it up and render it and hope for the best.  It will render it out and the resulting video will run just fine.  So thus far it appears to be usable for even complex video editing (if one allows for a lot of cheating on my part).

Video File Type Incompatibility

I do have a problem of sorts.  Not with the Jetson Nano, but with my video camera in general.  I have two identical video cameras.  The record really nice video but the problem is that they will only produce *.AVI files which are HUGE.  So before I can even begin to work with them the first thing I need to do is load them into Kdenlive and Render them as MP4 video files.   Only then are they small enough file size to actually work with.

This is working so far, but it basically requires twice as much rendering.  I need to render them into MP4 files before I can even begin to work with them and then render them again after having edited them.   Seems like double the work.   There's no option on my camera to change to have the camera just produce MP4 files to begin with.  That would have been nice.  But I can't afford to buy new video camera.   So looks like I'm stuck having to render everything twice.   Bah Humbug!  Twice as much work!

Maybe there's a way to get around this.  I'm just now learning the in's and out's of Kdenlive so maybe I figure out a way to work with the original AVI files.  But they are HUGE.   They take up almost 10 times as much memory.  I'm sure they are higher quality video, but I don't need that kind of video quality.

Anyway, that's my rant for today.

If anyone is familiar with Kdenlive and working with various video formats please do chime in.  I'm just learning this stuff.

DroneBot Workshop Robotics Engineer
James

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6