(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

Posted by: @robo-pi

C# or Anaconda
which language should I use?
my mind is old and feeble
and will likely blow a fuse

@robo-pi

You should upgrade to a modern mind with a circuit breaker, no more searching for spare fuses!

😎 🤑

Nice to see that you haven't lost your poetic touch. Writing poetry about coding and electronics is a real challenge (i.e. what rhymes with "oscillator") but you somehow manage to pull it off.

Posted by: @byron

You must be like a rolling stone who 'cant get no.. satisfaction'

Wow, you quoted both Dylan and the Stones in one line, that's efficiency!  And that's a good tutorial you linked to, thanks for that.

Posted by: @wolfgangw

At the end, I think I am going to create a little tutorial to share here. Even though to give me a reminder for myself.

Looking forward to seeing that! 

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
byron
(@byron)
No Title

Posted by: @wolfgangw

This one is for Eclipse, more kind of Java than C#. 

The client code examples were in C++ and not C#, but I don't think you need to worry about whatever the eclipse broker is authored with.  As far as I know an mqtt broker can be authored in whatever the author chooses, and should be able to accept client messages authored in C#, C++ or python, (or whatever).  

So whatever broker you choose to use , eclipse, moquitto, hivemq (or whatever) and whether the broker is running on internet servers your local desktop computer or an rpi, your client program can be authored in whatever you like.  I would think the C++ client examples would be close enough for you to get them to work in C# and your client program should happily talk to wherever you have your broker, an rpi, a desktop linux or windows computer, or indeed a web based mqtt server for public use such as eclipse etc.

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@dronebot-workshop

Writing poetry about coding and electronics is a real challenge (i.e. what rhymes with "oscillator") but you somehow manage to pull it off.

Look for words that end with ter or tor,
cater, crater, freighter, gaiter, grater, greater, hater, skater, slater, waiter, alligator, applicator, arbitrator, aviator, infiltrator, accumulator, administrator ...

Google Rhyme zone

Now what rhymes with orange?

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@wolfgangw

I am a C # programmer with no experience of Python.

It is much easier to learn than C# and has a lot of support when it comes to hardware projects using the RPi. There is even a tiny Python for the Arduino.

import pyfirmata
import time

board = pyfirmata.Arduino('/dev/ttyACM0')

while True:
    board.digital[13].write(1)
    time.sleep(1)
    board.digital[13].write(0)
    time.sleep(1)

ReplyQuote
WolfgangW
(@wolfgangw)
Topic starter  

@robotbuilder

hey man,

you right about it is easier than C#. And I am aware that there is a lot of support. But even if it is easier, I guess you agree, that it takes time to get into that. Easier or not.

My day has only few hours where I can work on projects. I think it is not wrong per se, if I make use of what I know. Maybe it is not perfect and I agree with people who are into Linux very well, when they say it is better to use Python than C#. But well, as long as this is running, I am satisfied.

I know myself well enough, when the moment comes I see that it is necessary to learn Python, I am going to learn fast enough. Yet the moment just hasn't come for me.

About your poetry, I am not long time member here, but I know I never can compete with you in that. I surrender. 😆 

Wolfgang

If I am not here, then I am most probably somewhere else

ReplyQuote
WolfgangW
(@wolfgangw)
Topic starter  

@dronebot-workshop

Hi Bill,

I am going to prepare soon as I have this running. As I say this is a reminder for myself too.

It won't be eloquent than your tutorials, but I try to do my best then. But it will take me some weeks, until I can finish all of that. The time is just too much limited and sometimes I also need time to breath.

Have a nice weekend there,

Greetings from Germany
Wolfgang

ReplyQuote
robotBuilder
(@robotbuilder)

@wolfgangw

About your poetry, I am not long time member here, but I know I never can compete with you in that. I surrender. 😆

Robo Pi is our resident poet,  I was responding to another post.

Over the years I have played with various computer languages.  My first computer language was machine code entered into an electronic computer kit with toggle switches. It used red LEDs for output.

ReplyQuote
WolfgangW
(@wolfgangw)
Topic starter  

Hi,

sorry, my wrong, of course it is RoboPi.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2