Notifications
Clear all

DC Motor to run on tonka trucks with 117 mm wheel

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mykeruiz)
Topic starter  

Good day to all! I am transforming my Tonka Toy Truck to be controlled remotely using NRF24L01 and joystick. I put dc motors from some old printer I have. My problem is the tires wont spin when put down on the floor. I used arduino uno and l298n motor driver.

Thank you for your response.

(@davee)

Hi @mykeruiz,

I think you need to provide some more information for anyone to be able to help you. I presume you are saying you can control the wheels when the truck is upside down, (or maybe the right way up, but wheels jacked away from the ground), but it is unable to move the truck when placed in the normal driving position.

That being the case, then it appears the motors do not have enough power for the job. This could be either or both of:

• motor torque/power determined by its mechanical design is insufficient for the task
  • motor design is appropriate, but insufficient electrical power is being supplied

Perhaps someone else on the forum has experience of using printer motors ... I am sure printer motors come in a wide range of power levels, types etc., so they would need to know about the specific ones you have chosen.

If is assumed, the motors are appropropriate, then it is necessary to understand the electrical system you have made to power the motors.

If you provide this information, hopefully someone will be able to provide some advice.

Best wishes and good luck with your project.

ReplyQuote
(@mykeruiz)
Topic starter  

@davee thank you!

ReplyQuote