Notifications
Clear all

Everything you wanted to know about ESP32 but were too afraid to ask!

21 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
(@markzagit)

What's also interesting is that my pins are opposite to the diagram. My pin 5 is actually where pin 35 is on the diagram.

ReplyQuote
(@dronebot-workshop)
Workshop Guru Admin

@markzagit  Can you post or link to the instructions that are telling you to jumper pin 5 please. I'm not sure if you are talking about physical pin 5 or GPIO pin 5.

Also, I'm questioning why you soldered the wire jumpers? Didn't you say it needed to be jumped for 10 seconds, then removed?

It would be a lot easier if you used a solderless breadboard, especially if you're unsure of the connections.

😎

Bill

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window." — Steve Wozniak

ReplyQuote
(@markzagit)

@dronebot-workshop Hi, I included the instructions (in italics) on the previous page.

I soldered the wires to the board, then held the +/- to the battery (which I checked with a multimeter to make sure it was at 3.3-3.4V before connecting) for 10 seconds.

Sorry, I don't have a solderless breadboard.

Thanks again for your help.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Markzagit

ReplyQuote
(@markzagit)

Actually, this is more in line with mine:

ReplyQuote
(@markzagit)

@dronebot-workshop OK, this reply slipped under the radar. I didn't see it before. so I've measured the 3.3 and indeed it is putting out 3.3V when connected to the USB. So just connect that to pin 5 (which is GPIO5 as well) and wait for about 10 seconds?

OK, I tried for 10 seconds, then 15. Nothing. Should I be holding down the reset button at the same time or anything? What about the RST pin? Should I try that?

This post was modified 2 years ago by Markzagit

ReplyQuote
(@markzagit)

OK, I managed to do it via python. Thanks to all for your help.

pyef

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2