[Solved] ESp32CAM Button

24 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@chrispal323 I will set this up here and test the code vs a button library. my spidey sense says the code is wrong but I am too low in energy at the moment to debug it.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@chrispal323 The code works. Maybe you have a wiring error? Sometimes I put the pushbutton wires in the wrong place, a quick test is to just ground pin 13 or pull the PB wires and short them.

NOTE to self, don't look at the board when doing this, that LED is BRIGHT!!!

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
(@chrispal323)
Topic starter  

@zander Does the wiring setup look okay if I'm using the internal pull resistor?

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@chrispal323 I used one of the neat ESP32-CAM-MB boards so all I had to do was plug a USB cable into the board then after uploading all I did was touch a wire between USB cover or any handy ground and the pin 13 to toggle the LED.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@chrispal323 It appears the PB is not connected. pull it from the board and look at it then make sure the wires go to the correct holes in the board. 

EDIT It looks like that might be a double pole single throw, so normally I use a VOM to confirm pins but in this case simply rotate the switch 90 degrees.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@chrispal323 AFAIK, this problem is solved so go back to your original post and mark it as Solved.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

ReplyQuote
(@chrispal323)
Topic starter  

@zander Thank you so much for the help! I was able to find a library that worked out and get a button working. Thanks!

Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@chrispal323 Good to hear. If you could goto your original post and mark this topic Solved that would be great.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2