Notifications
Clear all

ESP32 or 8266 for beginner projects

18 Posts
6 Users
6 Likes
Dazza
(@dazza)

@zander on further digging I found ESP32-C3 (an older design, in stock) for $1.79 - low memory, low storage 

ESP 32's Cheap

This One, a long time I have I watched. All this life has he looked away to future, to the horizon. Never his Mind on where he was! what he was doing!
Yoda

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@dazza My understanding is that the 3 series are the latest and fairly new. Since I will not likely ever need to buy anymore it's of little interest to me but others may benefit from a link to some sort of comprehensive list of models.

Never ordered from digi or mouser, too complicated for someone like me on the spectrum and to be honest the difference in price between amazon and any other source is too small to be of a concern. I generally order one or two from amazon for quick delivery, then if I want a stockpile I order from Ali.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

Dazza reacted
ReplyQuote
Dazza
(@dazza)

@zander Thanks for the Reply Ron.

I had my first experience with Digi-key the other day, I paid for shipping and boy did it come quick. From Colardo Springs to Australia (with in 4 days), now that better than Local shipping. I was impressed.

This One, a long time I have I watched. All this life has he looked away to future, to the horizon. Never his Mind on where he was! what he was doing!
Yoda

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2