Clear all

ESP32-CAM lost sketch

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Fpeter3
(@fpeter3)
Topic starter  

In the past two weeks I downloaded a sketch that would program the board so that you could variably turn on the white LED. In the past two weeks, I either over wrote the sketch or deleted it!

Does anyone have a link that I could use to view the video and also control the LED?

Thanks!

JoeLyddon
(@joelyddon)

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not...

Hope so...

Have Fun,
Joe Lyddon

www.woodworkstuff.net

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@fpeter3

Here is Bill's video on the ESP32-CAM: 

The video that Joe included in the above post should give you what you need for LEDs.

SteveG

ReplyQuote
Fpeter3
(@fpeter3)
Topic starter  

@joelyddon

Joe,

Thanks for replying, but this was not I was talking about. The sketch I am looking for gave you the ability to turn the "flash" LED on the ESP32-CAM on and off.

Thank you again for replying!

Pete

ReplyQuote
Fpeter3
(@fpeter3)
Topic starter  

@codecage

Steve,

I watched the video again (Watching the video the first time brought me here.) The sketch used in the video was one of the built in examples that does not include a way to control the "flash" LED, that I know of.

It may not have been a sketch that Bill wrote. I was surfing the Net trying to figure out this board, and I have lost the trail.

Thanks for your reply!

Pete

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@fpeter3

I guess I'm not understanding what you are referring to as the "flash" LED.  I've only used the ESP32-CAM very sparingly, so that may be the reason I'm not following you.  Hope someone else here can help out.

A light just came on!  The "flash" LED you refer to is a LED on the ESP32-CAM that must produce the same effect that a "flash" attachment does on a regular camera.  Is that it?  I guess I still can't help, but now at least maybe I've realized what you mean by "flash."

SteveG

ReplyQuote
JoeLyddon
(@joelyddon)

@fpeter3

Oh, THAT Flash Bulb type LED!!   I would think that would only be used for a Still-pic and not a video...

I don't how it's controlled...  It was just mentioned, but not actually Used, if I remember OK...

Let us know when you get it solved, OK?  There must be a way to control it...  It might be auto-controlled when taking a Still shot, when it senses Low Light??

A little googling might help...  (??)

Have Fun,
Joe Lyddon

www.woodworkstuff.net

ReplyQuote
MarkIngle
(@markingle)

Something that I do to help keep up with code off the internet is to copy and paste the link in a google doc.  I also create a project folder to keep everything in that I find when doing research and training/learning.

Maker of Things

ReplyQuote
JoeLyddon
(@joelyddon)

Posted by: @markingle

Something that I do to help keep up with code off the internet is to copy and paste the link in a google doc.  I also create a project folder to keep everything in that I find when doing research and training/learning.

What is a 'google doc'?

Have Fun,
Joe Lyddon

www.woodworkstuff.net

ReplyQuote
 Royz
(@royz)

Posted by: @fpeter3

In the past two weeks I downloaded a sketch that would program the board so that you could variably turn on the white LED. In the past two weeks, I either over wrote the sketch or deleted it!

Does anyone have a link that I could use to view the video and also control the LED?

Thanks!

Kind of late to the party, but IO4 controls the white LED.  You can test by just powering up esp32  with 3.3v and ground and putting a high on IO4 pin.  GPIO4 is also data 1 and used by the SD card slot so might have a conflict if also using SD card.

ReplyQuote