Notifications
Clear all

esp23 cam

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@jrpchef)
Topic starter  

Hi every one I have built the ESP32 Development module programed the ESP32 cam moduel everything worked on lt ESP32 OV2460 problem is I cant get any streaming just a red circule with a cross in it??

I am running it on 5volts windows 10.

I just don't know what to do next any help for a 75 year old would be very much appreciated

(@davee)

Hi JrpChef,

These mini-cards represent amazng value for money, when they work, but sometimes have the trade-off of being awkward, possibly because their electrical design has been over influenced by the need to cut costs.

I assume you have carefully watched Bill's excellent ESP32-CAM video and noted his suggestions -

https://dronebotworkshop.com/esp32-cam-intro/

--------------

You might have missed his earlier video on the ESP32 itself -- this is also well watching as it covers some introductory points on the ESP32 in more detail - see https://dronebotworkshop.com/esp32-intro/

------

I am not completely clear as to what your system is doing. So lets recap and revisit the last stages. 

I am guessing you are basically following Bill's ESP32 CAM video instructions, have connected the board, programmed the board, and are trying to run the program.

If so, when you programmed the board, did you watch the 'progress' window of the process itself (usually bottom pane of the Arduino IDE window).You may need to 'grow the window' and scroll up when it has finished the compile-link-program sequence to see the all of it. Mine finishes with two lines saying

Leaving ... Hard resetting via RTS pin

Did it complete without errors ... a warning is not usually a problem ... but errors are!!

--------------

If that went ok, then I assume

1. you removed the programming enable link between IO0 and Gnd
  2. Opened the Serial Monitor window on the IDE .. ensure it is set for 115200 baud in lower right window
  3. Pressed the reset button on the ESP board.

What do you see in the Serial Monitor window? Is it similar to that shown in Bill's ESP CAM video?

Hopefully, if you can describe in more detail, someone on the forum will have an idea for the solution. Sometimes a screen shot or similar included in your reply is invaluable!

Good luck and best wishes,

Dave

ReplyQuote