ESP-32 Cam problem

21 Posts
8 Users
1 Likes
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@ezward

I just placed a space character between the 5 at the end of the link and the period that ended your sentence.

Guess I could have just deleted the period, but either way it works now!

SteveG

ReplyQuote
(@anibal)

Good morning:

In the esp32 video, Bill remarks during the sketch that it will only work if you are using a 2.4 GHZ Network and not a 5 GHZ Network. What if you are running a 5 GHz Network. What is the remedy. How does one get around that?. Bill? 

Thank you,

Anibal

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@anibal

Install a 2.4GHz network!  The ESP32 does not support 5GHz so there is no way around that except bringing up you own network.  That is rather simple to accomplish and if nothing in your household is using 2.4GHz, then you shouldn't have much traffic to worry about.  Except may be your neighbor's traffic.

SteveG

ReplyQuote
(@starnovice)

I thought most 5GHz routers also had a 2.4GHz output.  You may want to check with your provider about this.

Pat Wicker (Portland, OR, USA)

ReplyQuote
codecage
(@codecage)
Member Admin

@starnovice

That depends on the router.  I have some 5GHz routers I'm using for some mesh networking projects I have going, and they are 5GHz only.  I also have some 2.4GHz only and 3GHz only routers from the same vendor that I'm using in the same mesh, but tying them together through some managed switches with VLANS for the different frequencies.

SteveG

ReplyQuote
(@chucketn)
Topic starter  

I thought I had posted an update to this topic, but I can't find it if I did...  Senior moment.

So, here we go. I had many problems with the first ESP32-cam I bought. The constant error that the camera module wasn't recognized. 

I ordered 2 more, and was really impressed when the first one of the replacements tested failed. 

As I'm a retired USAF Avionics tech, and retired (2nd career) computer tech, I knew I had to keep trying.

After a hiatus of a couple months, I dug the modules out and tried again. For each error encountered, I spent hours researching fixes. I finally got the right combination of fixes, sketches and modules/cameras, and even holding my mouth right! 

My conclusions: I finally got the first 2 modules to load the webcam server example. Playing switcheroo with the 3 cameras, I got one to work. The third ESP32-cam  has not been used, but it's camera was used to test the first 2 modules. One camera fails as not recognized, the XRZ0001 module. The other 2 camera's were labeled OV-2640. One works fine, the other has no video.

The one good camera works on the 2 modules tested. If anyone would like either of the 2 dufus cameras to play with/troubleshoot, let me know.

Oh, all three ESP-32-Cam modules with camera were ordered from Banggood. If anyone ordered more than one ESP-32 that worked out of the package, please let me know where you got them.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2