Connect ESP8266 via WiFi to C#

26 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)
Father of a miniature Wookie

@electricray1981 Sorry, no idea what shield means or V1. I thought shield was just a marketing term for board.

First computer 1959. Retired from my own computer company 2004.
Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
ElectricRay1981
(@electricray1981)
Topic starter  

@zander 

Well I think the library I want to use will work on the ESP32 see the result in below picture:

Library compatibility

Grtz,
Ray

ReplyQuote
ElectricRay1981
(@electricray1981)
Topic starter  

@zander 

There are 2 motorshields apearently but they are made by many companies all use the Adafruit lib. But there there is a Version 1 (V1) and a Version 2 (V2). 

Anyhow the tric you explained shows me that it should work on all architectures.

Grtz,
Ray

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@electricray1981 Should work, the architecture =* means ALL. Give it a try to find out for sure.

Hardware - Expert in 1401, and 360, fairly knowledge in PC plus numerous MPU's and MCU's
Major Languages - Machine language, 360 Macro Assembler, Intel Assembler, PL/I and PL1, Pascal, Basic, C plus numerous job control and scripting languages.
Sure you can learn to be a programmer, it will take the same amount of time for me to learn to be a Doctor.

ReplyQuote
ElectricRay1981
(@electricray1981)
Topic starter  

@zander 

Tomorrow evening I should be back home and will try it. I'll have to rewire some stuff and will give it a try. I will post here if I had positive or negative results

Grtz,
Ray

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@electricray1981 More than 2, and IIRC, that is an ancient one, newer boards use less power and run cooler. I think Bill has a video on the topic.

ReplyQuote
ElectricRay1981
(@electricray1981)
Topic starter  

@zander 

Now I don't understand what your talking about...sorry

Grtz,
Ray

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@electricray1981 Motor Controller. You probably have an L298. This VIDEO  shows 7 different motor controllers. When describing what you have the Adafruit is not very relevant, that is a company name. The device is numbered on the chips as L298N. 2nd pic is video chapters. You have to look at the specs to determine which driver to use. I generally start at motor voltage and current, then if there are more than 1 hit, find the board with the best input match and what uses the least power i.e runs cooler.

Screenshot 2023 01 26 at 11.48.36
Screenshot 2023 01 26 at 11.49.14

ReplyQuote
ElectricRay1981
(@electricray1981)
Topic starter  

@zander 

Im going to watch this video because maybe I can use my Motor Driver that I have allready (it has the L298D) it can handle 4 motors and 2 servos. The manual that came with it refered to the library but I see code passing around without using the library. But maybe I could use a better driver board as well.

Thanks, more study work for me 🤣 

Grtz,
Ray

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@zander)

@electricray1981 The L298 is a very popular board, but if battery life is important it might not be the best choice. Check out Bill's video for lot's more info.

ReplyQuote
ElectricRay1981
(@electricray1981)
Topic starter  

@zander 

I'm bussy with that and I noticed allready some stuff that most probably need to recode as well. But thats for another topic.

Grtz,
Ray

Ron reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2