Clear all

compile error for ESP32 cam using AI Thinker

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 DanC
(@danc)
Topic starter  

I tried downloading the robot car software to my ESP32 cam board. I have the correct port number and the AI Thinker board selected. The program stops compiling with a "Error compiling for board AI Thinker ESP32-CAM" message. Can anyone shed some light on why this is occurring?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Dan

Spyder
(@spyder)

Maybe if you post your code somebody might be able to figure out what the problem is

ReplyQuote
Mr Owl
(@mr-owl)

ReplyQuote
Mr Owl
(@mr-owl)

ReplyQuote
Will
 Will
(@will)

@mr-owl 

I don't use Windows and I don't use ESP32, but your messages suggest that the compiler has a choice of two different libraries and may be selecting the wrong one(s).

For example ...  "Alternatives for WiFi.h: [WiFi@1.2.7 WiFi@2.0.0]"

Is this possible ?

Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

ReplyQuote
Mr Owl
(@mr-owl)

It is using version  WiFi 2.0 . it appears to be using the version that  comes with the ESP32 ( board manager) in  Tools  If so that is the version I would think it should  pick    

I also notice "an error while detecting libraries  in sketch/ app_httpd.cpp " when complying . This is a canned program from Bill's code - why the error ?

I noticed he used arduino version 1.8.13  I used 1.8.15  could that be an issue  ?

ReplyQuote
Mr Owl
(@mr-owl)

Issue resolved - used  Arduino version 1.8.13  -compiled and uploaded and functionally

and the code I downloaded in July 

ReplyQuote