Notifications
Clear all

The Mysterious MPU 6050 Breakout Board ???

61 Posts
10 Users
8 Likes
660.3 K Views
Mandy
(@amanda)

Posted by: @recycled-roadkill

Any idea how I put all this new information to make the dang thing work?

Well the rest is easy, we just need to feed that data into the motor controller via a PID controller. ? 

As we seem to have covered the Mysterious MPU 6050 Breakout Board I think we should start another thread for the balancing robot itself as it will make the information easier to find.

We're up to three pages already.

The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot.

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

I was wondering if I could get a screen shot of the graph.

some of the lines seem mushed together, I've studied your code but didn't come up with anything.

still fun tho.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Recycled Roadkill

This message was approved by Recycled.Roadkill. May it find you in good health and humor.

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @amanda

As we seem to have covered the Mysterious MPU 6050 Breakout Board I think we should start another thread for the balancing robot itself as it will make the information easier to find

I agree, it's all kinda confusing now.

This message was approved by Recycled.Roadkill. May it find you in good health and humor.

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

New topic:

Part II >>>MPU 6050 Breakout Board ???  

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

New topic:

Honestly, I never really thought I was going to get this going ???  

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

Just in case anyone has forgotten, I'd bought Elegoo's Tumbller <<---(their spelling) that came to me in a non-working condition. Sure, you gotta put the thing together but this was easier than the car kits *ver 2.0 and ver 3.0.)

Naturally, after assembling the tumbllr I expected for it to operate properly. Of course, it did not.

I'm not much with arduino coding but I can usually get some understanding of what is attempting to be done. As for as repairing bad code goes, I'm helpless so I got myself introduced to Elegoo's customer service.

I described my issue as follows: Turn Tumbller on, it spins in eliptical circles until it hits an obstacle, furniture or sleeping dog.

I'm gonna break this up into a few parts. I'm kinda sleepy now but this story will be completed

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

Well, the forum just lost about an hour's worth of typing on where my work had go from the above pane. Gone. Wish I'd have copied before I added the reply.

ReplyQuote
Spyder
(@spyder)

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

@spyder

Hi spyder,

I followed that link to see what it was about and it looks very interesting.

I had tried XOD for programming Arduino but it's too steep for me. However, 6 months ago I tried Tinkercad and it was too steep for me and I'm plugging around it like I've been using it for years now. So this stuff is coming to me. I'll try the XOD again.

Just mentioning kids..... I got one of my two Elegoo Tumbllr robots going by parts switching between the two. I'd tried that earlier with no success but 2nd time was the charm. I have some parts coming that I'm hoping will allow me to get the other Tumbller going.

After that, just one other balancing robot to go.  I was encouraged after getting 1 Tumbller going but putting it back together only resulted in it working perfectly, if it was programmed and designed to lay on its back. It lays on its front equally as well so, only one more function to go.

Thanks spyder, I'll let you know how I do with that.

ReplyQuote
(@oldcodger)

I have a Lego Mindstorms set which has a balancing robot.

If you haven’t seen a Mindstorms set, it is basically SBC in a brick. You just add motors, wheels and sensors to it.

The main thing to calibrate with these is the diameter of the wheels.  I suppose you’ve already done this but I thought I’d mention it just in case.

Good luck

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

I haven't seen the set you spoke of as it appears there's many different sets to choose from. They look expensive and wife has issues with me spending money on stuff she doesn't see as relevant.

I did finally get the Tumbllrs going. One had a bad mainboard and a miswired motor. Can't remember the problem with the other unless it was programming. Senior moment I guess. Balancing robots aren't much of a curiosity for me any more. I own a Segway now. Amazing means of transportation, I'm just glad it works. 🙂

Thanks for the reply.

ReplyQuote
(@oldcodger)

@recycled-roadkill

Glad to hear you got it working. I suppose the Segway is just the next logical step in the balancing Robot game 😁😁

ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

LOL, The segway worked because my hips refuse to, at least after about 100 yards. Fun to ride once the fear of cracking my skull open went away.

Oddly, my friends all predicted I was doomed to have a disaster. Fooled 'em!

OldCodger reacted
ReplyQuote
Spyder
(@spyder)

segway...  Fun to ride once the fear of cracking my skull open went away.

I went with a hoverboard

The fear never went away

I wonder if I can turn it into a robot

OldCodger reacted
ReplyQuote
Recycled Roadkill
(@recycled-roadkill)
Topic starter  

I have a friend who bought a hoverboard shortly after they got popular, rode it in a local park, took a bad fall and never rode it again. The batteries have since gone bad and I attempted to get him to try to make it into a sort of a robot. I have a bunch of lipo batteries I've recovered from laptops. He refuses to do anything with it.

Maybe someone here could figure out how to implement a MPU 6050 to maintain balance on one. After that, all it would need is brains or at least a remote operation device, bluetooth or something. It could deliver beer. 🙂

OldCodger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5